Fort Bragg North Carolina United States Raytheon Blackbird Technologies, Inc. is seeking a Senior SOJTF Policy, Strategy and Plans SME to support the USSOCOM J3 SOJTF. The J3 SOJTF office supports and coordinates responsive support to the Special Operations Joint Task Forces in day-to-day operations, crisis response, and contingency planning. SME shall support SOJTF force generation planning, training, manning, pre-deployment preparation and training, deployment and re-deployment. SME shall lead and facilitate SOJTF integration with USSOCOM global synchronization of Department of Defense (DoD) trans-regional combating terrorism and countering weapons of mass destruction (CWMD) efforts from design and implementation through assessment of planning efforts and synchronization events.
Travel – Position will require travel to CONUS and OCONUS non-hazardous locations.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Liaison, coordinate with, and provide analysis to all participants in planning, preparing, deploying and supporting a SOJTF; including USSOCOM, GCCs, TSOCs, Joint Staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense, NATO, the interagency, and other participating partners and allies.
- Liaison and coordinate among all participants during deliberate and crisis action planning and the execution of a crisis action team (CAT) as needed.
- Draft and review SOJTF doctrine, plans, briefings and papers. Be prepared to verbally present analyses of these products effectively, comfortably and competently to senior leaders including General/Flag Officers (GO/FO), and Senior Executive Service (SES).
- Assist in development and maintenance of professional network that improves coordination between USSOCOM, GCCs, TSOCs Joint Staff, Office of the Secretary of Defense, NATO, the interagency, and other participating partners and allies.
- Facilitate seminars and small group discussions at staff development events that support predeployment preparation, deployment, and redeployment.
- Assist in hosting/chairing meetings, visitations or conferences related to SOJTF operations, plans, emerging special operations opportunities and other initiatives.
- Analyze DOD operations, plans, and strategies related to SOJTF area of operations and its greater area of influence.
- Assist in the manning, training, supporting, and sustaining of SOF as directed by USSOCOM.
- Master’s degree in any field.
- 10 years combined Joint, SOF, or Interagency experience working joint military operations conducted in a joint, combined, and interagency environment.
- Graduate of a JPME course, Intermediate Development Course, or a Senior Professional Military Education Course
- 3 years’ experience working with USSOCOM enterprise
- 5 years’ experience in strategic-level planning
- 1 year experience working at or with a SOJTF
- 5 years’ experience briefing and preparing written products for senior leaders (general officer/flag officer/senior executive service level)
- Current DoD Top Secret clearance and eligible for SCI access
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
JBRaytheonIIS / An Equal Opportunity Employer