Clearance Required: Day
The Defense group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Research Development Engineer / Scientist to work in Ft. Meade, MD on the RECON project, in support of the NGA’s Research Directorate. This is an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology in an R&D environment and support critical warfighter missions.
- Perform activities including data architecture, building data and analytic platforms, building out ETL pipelines and data access services, and ensuring data discoverability and quality.
- Support the assessing, designing, building, and maintaining of scalable data platforms that use the latest and best in Big Data tools.
- Transform data into a useful format for data scientists.
- Work with a multidisciplinary team of analysts, data engineers, data scientists, developers, and data consumers in an agile fast-paced environment that is pushing the envelope of cutting-edge Big Data implementations.
- MA/MS degree and 9 years of experience; OR 19 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Active TS/SCI with Poly.
- Experience with coding using Java, Scala, or Python
- Experience with developing and deploying ETL pipelines.
- Experience in interfacing with modern databases.
- Experience in working with Big Data platforms, including Hadoop, AWS, Azure, or DataBricks.
- Ability to learn technical concepts quickly and communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores, including HBase, MongoDB, JanusGraph or Neo4J, and Cassandra. Experience with ETL tools, including StreamSets, NiFi, and Taland.
- Experience in working with enterprise production systems
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- AWS or related certifications
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
JBLDJ LEIDOS // An Equal Opportunity Employer
|USMDFortMeade| // JB110070