This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
The Cyber Security Specialist provides core support for Cyberspace Operations and Information (CO&I) to the 377 ABW and its units as well as supported mission partners and works as cyber security specialist responsible for operating and maintaining Certification and Accreditation (C&A) to ensure goals are accomplished for the Kirtland C4 contract. May be assigned a trainer role within the scope of authority.
Major Job Activities:
• Manage the Wing-Level C&A program in accordance with applicable National Institute of Standards Technology (NIST) guidance, Air Force Instructions (AFI) and Air Force Manuals (AFMAN).
• Manage the base network enclave in coordination with KAFB leadership to obtain/maintain authorization and accreditation.
• Test, assess, and validate cyber security technical and non-technical controls; manage supporting network documentation to include policies, procedures and proposals.
• Perform activities in support of ongoing network accreditation to ensure compliance with annual Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
• Office computers and equipment, telephone, Microsoft Office suite of tools, spreadsheets and database outputs and reporting, virtual data sharing platforms (e.g., SharePoint, Teams, etc.) and other forms of remote work-sharing tools.
• Standard office automation equipment.
• Hand tools, ladders and power tool use required.
• Primarily performed in an office environment, with work in virtual space, as well as operations centers, network/server rooms, and other datacenter environments.
• The Cyber Security Specialist must be available during duty hours, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays, or when the Government installation/facility is closed for administrative reasons.
• Must be able to sit, stand, and work at a computer for long periods of time. Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
• Required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Education / Certifications:
• U.S. Citizen.
• Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance.
• DoD 8570 Information Awareness Technology Certification.
• Level II IAM Certification (e.g. CASP, CISM, CAP, etc). Other IT Certifications are highly desired.
• High School/GED/Associates preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in DoD Cybersecurity.
• Two (2) years of experience in related field may be substituted for each year of college.
• Performs advanced tasks and analysis.
Skills & Technology Used:
• Microsoft Office.
• Microsoft Teams.
• Extensive knowledge in the administration of Risk Management Framework (RMF) controls.
• Proficient knowledge in mitigating network and system vulnerabilities.
• Proficient knowledge in DoD Scorecard.
• Proficient in trouble ticket tracking systems (i.e., Remedy).
• Excellent data, oral and written communication and people skills.
• Current on the latest technological advances within the IT industry.
Supervisory / Budget Responsibilities:
• May be responsible for identifying project fiscal/budget estimates.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Secret (Tier 3)
Vectrus / Equal Opportunity Employer / JBVTR-21535
Top Secret, CLZTT, SKINT, SKCYB, JBVTR SKUUU, Albuquerque Albuquerque ZC ZCCX