United States of America
AZ807: RMS AP Bldg 807 1151 East Hermans Road Building 807, Tucson, AZ, 85756 USA
Position Role Type:
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
Whole Life Engineering (WLE) is responsible for ensuring our products are Safe, Reliable, Maintainable and delivered on time. WLE consists of multiple disciplines that support engineering, our program offices and our customers. Our WLE disciplines participate in the total life cycle of our products from conception to deactivation. Our focus area is product support, including the following disciplines: Reliability System Safety and Supportability.
We’re an employee-focused team collaborating across departments, including Engineering, Environmental Health & Safety, Supply Chain, Operations, Test & Integration and Production.
As a Reliability, Availability, Maintainability (RAM) and Failure Reporting, Analysis, and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) Engineer your responsibilities will involve all aspects of RAM / FRACAS activity within the Raytheon Missiles & Defense business unit including:
· Ensuring the performance compliance of both customer and internal requirements.
· Analysis of engineering hardware and electrical drawings and schematics assessing for fault tolerance, latent hazards, and safety requirements compliance
We value diverse skills and experience, so don’t hold back. Your qualifications could add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Key responsibilities will include:
· Assessing RAM performance: Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF), Mean Time Between Critical Failure (MTBCF) & Operational Availability (Ao)
· Defining / allocating RAM requirements
· Performing Reliability & Maintainability predictions
· Performing Reliability modeling
· Performing Sneak Circuit Analysis
· Performing Failure Modes Effects Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
· Performing FRACAS tasks, including trend analysis and failure investigations
· Leading FRACAS Events Review Boards (FERBs) and Failure Investigations
· Supporting Reliability Test Planning and Execution: Accelerated, Growth, Demonstration
· Ensuring performance compliance to requirements
This job is posted as ONSITE.
Qualifications You Must Have:
Typically Requires: Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience OR an Associate’s Degree and 7+ years of relevant experience OR an advanced degree in a related field and 3+ years’ relevant experience OR a PhD can account for the 5 years of experience as required for this role. In absence of a college degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required.
· Engineering experience
· Experience with reliability analysis, failure investigations, and/or root cause/corrective action (RCCA)
· Experience in gathering, analyzing and/or presenting data
· The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. US citizenship is required as only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
· Experience with Reliability Engineering Concepts
· Experience with Failure Review Boards
· Experience interfacing with suppliers
· Strong communication skills and ability to present to diverse audiences
· Experience leading large teams and working in a cross functional team environment
· Experience using Windchill Quality Solutions suite of tools
· Professional certification in the area of Reliability, Availability and Maintainability
· Experience with technical document and report generation
· Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
What We Offer: Whether you are just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
This job is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities, Tucson has a friendly, laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, the colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson showcases some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, this fantastic weather allows residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Additional Details: This job is posted internally as: Sr. Engineer, Reliability Engineering
This requisition is ERIP Eligible. Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
RTX Raytheon / Equal Opportunity Employer
FVR02 SKUUU, Tucson, Arizona Tucson, Arizona ZC ZCCX