Tewksbury, Massachusetts, United States of America
United States of America
MA131: Tewksbury, MA Bldg 1 Assabet 50 Apple Hill Drive Assabet – Building 1, Tewksbury, MA, 01876 USA
Position Role Type:
Location: Tewksbury, MA or Marlborough, MA location
This is a HYBRID role, requiring occasional and periodic onsite attendance
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
We know that a diverse company is a strong company. The people of Raytheon Technologies come from different backgrounds. We value our different perspectives and styles of tackling the world’s most complex challenges and toughest threats. Through Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), our employees are empowered to impact business results, build professional networks, advocate for causes that matter to them and contribute to their local communities.
Diversity of thought is critical to the future of innovation. We leverage these unique voices to generate solutions toward a united and singular purpose: to define the future of aerospace.
The Sensor Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Cyber (SC5) Department in the Digital, RF, and Power Products Team at Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) is seeking an experienced Senior Principal Electrical Engineer with strong Digital Signal Processing (DSP) Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design skills to join our team. This engineer will primarily develop and implement digital signal processing algorithms as well as implementing FPGA based designs for interface communications, controls and/or data processing applications. The individual is expected to work in a team environment and on diverse projects. The individual will be required to provide development support throughout the product lifecycle, from initial concept to acceptance delivery to maintenance.
Applicant will work as part of a highly motivated team environment and will be collaborating with cross-functional project teams making up a larger program or internal research and development efforts. Our engineers are assigned to a manager of approximately 20 employees with similar skills.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
· Responsible for owning or contributing to the successful (on schedule / on budget) completion of FPGA based designs
· Responsible for working with a team to determine the technical approach or solution to meet system level requirements
Qualifications You Must Have:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline
· Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience implementing DSP functions in FPGAs using VHDL/Verilog
· Experience designing filters in Matlab
· Experience implementing FIR filters and FFTs in FPGAs
· Experience developing DSP algorithms and FPGA designs using High Level Synthesis (HLS)
· Working knowledge/course work of signal & image processing, digital communications and/or control theories
· Experience in AMD/Xilinx Programmable Devices or Intel programmable devices
· Experience using VHDL simulation tools
· Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
Qualifications We Value:
· 15+ years of relevant professional experience designing FPGAs using VHDL/Verilog
· Experience with RADAR system hardware
· Experience using synthesis tools including Synplify and back-end tools including Xilinx Vivado, Intel Quartus and others
· Experience with high-speed interfaces such as GbE, SRIO, Aurora
· Experience with Timing Closure and utilizing Chipscope / Signal Tap
· Experience and knowledge developing and selling off requirements for FPGAs
· Working knowledge of Configuration Management principles, environments and tools
· Working knowledge in common computer hardware interface and data protocols such as RS-422, USB, PCIe, etc.
· Working knowledge and experience with configuration management tools such as Synergy, Clearcase, or Git
· Proficiency in Linux
· Working knowledge in the integration of software drivers for the operation of computer hardware interfaces a plus
· Working knowledge of C/C++ and/or in computer scripting language such as Shell/Perl/Python a plus
· Willingness to support occasional domestic travel and potential international travel
· Existing DoD security clearance
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Clearance Information: This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
This position is located in beautiful Boston, MA. Boston is one of the oldest cities in the U.S., known for its rich history, renowned universities, and diverse neighborhoods. Ranked by U.S. News and World Report as one of the Top Places to Live, Boston is brimming with world-class museums, signature waterways, thriving nightlife, and championship sports teams. Surrounded by natural beauty, Boston boasts four spectacular seasons and a vast array of outdoor activities from whale watching to walking trails surrounded by New England’s remarkable fall foliage.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
RTX Raytheon / Equal Opportunity Employer
FVR03 SKUUU, Tewksbury, Massachusetts, United States of America Tewksbury, Massachusetts, United States of America ZC ZCCX