At Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD), by combining our vast resources and investments, we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges – together we can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the big picture.
This position has the option to be remote
Raytheon Missile & Defense Systems’ Strategic Sourcing team is seeking a uniquely talented Mentor Protege Manager. Through the participation of various government and internally sponsored mentoring programs, Raytheon combines its resources, stability, and experience to improve and strengthen capabilities of our suppliers. This team seeks to be the recognized leader in Supplier Diversity within Aerospace & Defense, increasing value and delivering innovation to our customers by growing capabilities through a diverse and inclusive supply base.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
Functionally reporting to the Manager of Supplier Diversity, the Mentor Protege Program Manager will work closely with the greater supply chain, program managers, engineering and subject matter experts (SMEs) to identify and provide developmental support to Raytheon proteges. The Mentor Protege Manager will seek to integrate mentoring with RMD strategic sourcing strategies.
Mentor Protege Program Manager duties include but are not limited to:
• Lead the efforts to create, execute, and deliver the unique and individual developmental assistance to each protege.
• Develop productive, long-term strategic relationships by developing and enhancing capabilities of our protege firms
• Lead Mentor-Protege Proposal Development efforts and writing BOEs
• Expand subcontracting opportunities by encouraging subcontracting with our proteges across all business segments of Raytheon as well as gaining access to potential new markets.
• Work closely with our Government Customers (Program and DoD Small Business Offices) to ensure we are meeting our obligations the mentor-protege agreements. This includes periodic reporting and participating in Program Management Reviews with our Government Customers.
• Assemble and lead a cross-functional team to provide the SMEs needed to carry out the development tasks.
• Manage contracting, budgets and schedules to ensure that tasks are conducted in a timely manner and objectives are met.
Qualifications you Must Have:
• 10+ years of progressive professional experience with a combination of experience in Project, Program, Product, Finance or Supplier Management or supplier development related fields.
• Experience managing teams and tracking performance
• Working knowledge of Federal Acquisition, Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplements (DFARS), and related supplements and ability to research and utilize these federal acquisition regulations
• Experience in working with or in small business(es), and overcoming the challenges they face
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Management, Supply Chain, Technical/Engineer or similar
• This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications we value:
• Flexibility to travel
• Ability to prioritize and organize work
• Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Management, Supply Chain or similar
• Former experience providing support to small businesses
• Experience providing proposal support/proposal operations
• Ideal candidate will have 15+ years of related experience, and ability to coach business owners
Typically requires: A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10 years
prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 8 years’ experience.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
RTX Raytheon / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR01 SKUUU, Huntsville, Alabama Huntsville, Alabama ZC