United States of America
VA531: 13900 Lincoln Park Dr, Herndon 13900 Lincoln Park Drive Suite 220, Herndon, VA, 20171 USA
Position Role Type:
Raytheon Technologies is seeking a Help Desk Specialist Senior to provide Tier 1-3 level support in the Herndon, VA area. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, independent worker who can also work in, and contribute to, a team environment. The candidate will be part of a team that supports the hardware and software infrastructure for an enterprise minded organization. This position requires a broad knowledge of hardware maintenance and care, system administration, knowledge of automation technologies, and scripting. This position also requires a knowledge of security and accreditation practices and procedures and the ability to work with several enterprise resources and teams in the operation of an enterprise digitization infrastructure.
**Hours of Support may extend beyond core hours.**
The position will include a variety of activities, which may include but are not limited to the following:
• Provide support to Sponsor automated systems via support requests
• Provide tracking and reporting of support requests open, closed, and active for Sponsor’s Automated Systems.
• Utilize a Sponsor approved support request tracking system.
• Meet Sponsor established goals for addressing support requests. Utilize Sponsor approved tracking system to provide Sponsor approved metrics on a weekly and
monthly basis for Sponsor review.
• Provide response to support requests based on Sponsor time requirements.
• Respond to after-hour and weekend critical support requests based on prior scheduled Sponsor requirements
• Establish SOP for request escalation to Tier 2-3 level support
• Establish and maintain an updated list of KBAs (Knowledge Based Articles) pertaining to frequently asked support requests
• Performance of general system administration activities: user account creation, manage access controls, implementation and review of security policy, hardware installation, driver installation, software patching, monitor activity logs, and creation of automation scripts.
• Provide technical support for the application as needed to interface with the user base.
• Maintenance and care of digitization hardware, to include: installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair.
• Make objective and technically sound recommendations for potential future hardware and software purchases.
• Analyze production metrics and data to provide data-driven recommendations to management to support continual process improvements.
• Generate weekly, monthly, and yearly metrics reports.
• Learning, supporting, and training users on different types of digitization hardware.
* Work as a team with the program security team, reviewing security audit logs in accordance with the SSP
* Plan, develop, install, and provide documentation for server and client deployments
• Demonstrated on-the-job experience working and solving technical problems independently as a system administrator.
• Demonstrated ability to monitor and troubleshoot enterprise workflow applications, to include: installing, starting, and stopping background processes, analyzing log and event files, and patching and troubleshooting.
* Must have 6 years of relevant experience
Requires theoretical to advanced knowledge of work area typically obtained through University Degree combined with experience. Practical knowledge of RTX projects, programs
or systems with the ability to make enhancements and leverage in daily work.
Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience.
Engineering/Other Technical Positions:Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics(STEM) and a minimum of 2 years of prior
relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
NOT Relocation Eligible – Relocation assistance not available
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
RTX Raytheon / Equal Opportunity Employer
SKITT, FVR02 SKUUU, Herndon, Virginia Herndon, Virginia ZC ZCCX