United States of America
TX190: 2501 West University, McKinney 2501 West University , McKinney, TX, 75070 USA
Position Role Type:
Our High-Energy Laser Hardware Engineering team has an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Engineering Manager – Optical Design and Analysis. The position will be based out of our McKinney, Texas or Richardson, Texas office locations.
As a Senior Section Manager, you will be a key functional leader responsible for our Optical Design and Analysis engineering section of 10-20 optical design engineers, developing new technology and successfully executing programs across various Raytheon business units. The candidate must have a strong background in optical design as well as demonstrated leadership ability.
This position requires an individual to have broad domain knowledge in the principles of Optics which include optical requirements development, performance analysis, fabrication and alignment, integration, and test. It also requires strong people skills.
The Section Manager performs direct line management activities, which include hiring, training, coordination, performance management, career development, and resource management.
The Section Manager will also serve as a liaison to programs concerning employee job assignments, performance, and recognition. Responsibilities also include coordinating program staffing needs and reductions, optimizing resource utilization, and interviewing and hiring applicants.
The Section Manager will also be expected to contribute to technical and cost proposals in support of new business development, including development of system conceptual designs, and contribute to technology roadmaps and development.
The Section Manager will provide technical guidance and review work performed by others in the section, as well as interface with Digital Technology to ensure that sufficient tools are provided to the section. In addition, the Section Manager will facilitate communication between various Raytheon sites where optical design, analysis, manufacturing, and integration are performed.
– Typically requires a minimum 10 years of experience in Optical Engineering.
– Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of experience with Visible and Infrared optical technology development.
– Demonstrated leadership ability.
– Demonstrated desire to mentor and help others develop new skills.
– Strong written and oral communication skills.
– Strong judgement and decision-making abilities.
– Strong presentation preparation and delivery skills.
– Ability to effectively juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
– Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance or higher | US citizenship status is required as this position will require a US security clearance within one year of start date.
– Domain knowledge in High Energy Laser system design and integration.
– Domain knowledge in LADAR/LIDAR.
– Domain knowledge in laser system development.
– Domain knowledge in imaging system design and development.
– Domain knowledge in hyperspectral systems.
– Domain knowledge in stray light analysis.
– Track record of executing program technical content within schedule and budget.
– Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams.
– Earned Value certification.
– Knowledge of Raytheon hardware development processes.
– Experience with staffing, providing feedback, and interfacing with program leadership.
– Experience with optical software tools, including Code V, Zemax, and FRED
Knowledge of Raytheon Technologies CORE operating system and willingness to improve optical design-related processes.
– Familiarity with common optical manufacturing and integration techniques
Existing Secret or higher clearance or SBI/SSBI. US citizenship is required as this position will require the ability to access US-only data systems.
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Math, Science, or Engineering discipline and 10 years of experience, or, M.S. and 8 years of experience, or PhD and 6 years of experience.
Master’s or PhD degree in Physics, Optics, or related Engineering discipline or business.
Link – High-Energy Lasers | Raytheon Intelligence & Space
Relocation Eligible – Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements.
Employee Referral Award Eligible – Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
RTX Raytheon / Equal Opportunity Employer
FVR02 SKUUU, McKinney, Texas McKinney, Texas ZC ZCCX