Raytheon Technologies provides remote and onsite advanced technical assistance, proactive hunting, rapid onsite incident response, and immediate investigation and resolution using host-based, network-based and cloud-based cybersecurity analysis capabilities. Team personnel provide front line response for digital forensics/incident response (DFIR) and proactively hunting for malicious cyber activity. We are seeking Cyber Network Defense Analysts (CNDA) to support this critical customer mission.
The CDNA uses information collected from a variety of sources to monitor network activity and analyze it for evidence of suspicious behavior. Monitoring and analysis are performed to identify and report events that occur, or might occur, within the network, in order to protect information, information systems, and networks from threats.
– Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources
– Coordinate with enterprise-wide cyber defense staff to validate network alerts
– Document and escalate incidents (including event’s history, status, and potential impact for further action) that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the environment
– Perform cyber defense trend analysis and reporting
– Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack
– Provide daily summary reports of network events and activity relevant to cyber defense practices
– Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of alerts
– Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities
– Use cyber defense tools for continual monitoring and analysis of system activity to identify malicious activity
– Analyze identified malicious activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on system and information
– Identify and analyze anomalies in network traffic using metadata
– Validate intrusion detection system (IDS) alerts against network traffic using packet analysis tools
– Identify applications and operating systems of a network device based on network traffic
– Reconstruct a malicious attack or activity based off network traffic
– Identify network mapping and operating system (OS) fingerprinting activities
– Assist in the construction of signatures which can be implemented on cyber defense network tools in response to new or observed threats within the network environment or enclave
– U.S. Citizenship
– Active TS/SCI clearance
– Ability to obtain Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Entry on Duty (EOD) Suitability
– 5+ years of direct relevant experience in cyber defense analysis using leading edge technologies and industry standard cyber defense tools-
– Experience successfully developing and deploying signatures
– Experience detecting host and network-based intrusions via intrusion detection technologies (e.g., Snort)
– Experience implementing incident handling methodologies
– Experience implementing protocol analyzers
– Experience collecting data from a variety of cyber defense resources
– Experience reading and interpreting signatures (e.g. snort)
– Experience performing packet-level analysis
– Experience conducting trend analysis
– Python programming experience
– Strong math and science background
– Experience with Carnegie Mellon SiLK tool suite
BS Computer Science, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering, or related degree; or HS Diploma & 7+ years of network investigations experience.
One or more of the following professional certifications: GNFA, GCIH, GCIA, GSEC, CASP+, CySA+, PaLMS, FedVTE, GSEC (SANS401), Arcsight (or other SEIM solution), Network+, Security+
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
This position is eligible for a Sign On Bonus dependent on the candidates skill.
This position is eligible for Relocation.
Save this job
RTX Raytheon / Equal Opportunity Employer
FVR02 SKUUU, Arlington, Virginia Arlington, Virginia ZC ZCCX