United States of America
VA531: 13900 Lincoln Park Dr, Herndon 13900 Lincoln Park Drive Suite 220, Herndon, VA, 20171 USA
Position Role Type:
Raytheon is seeking a seasoned, well rounded, and personable technical lead to own the applications development and operations and maintenance of multiple IT systems. In this role, the candidate will collaborate with the Technical Directors, Program Managers, and other strong technical leaders to drive the capture of business requirements, development, launch and post-launch activities. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected with the assistance of relevant team members. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with customers and leading a project team, with strong attention to detail, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Able to provide input and out of the box ideas to customer and project team to facilitate innovation. Maturity, sound judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Must have solid hands-on technical capabilities across a broad range of systems
• Demonstrated ability to assist with the design of an organization’s technology architecture and implementation of software infrastructure
• Demonstrated ability to serve as a subject matter expert for all the functional areas of the infrastructure in TEMs and other meetings
• Broad system experience and understanding of supporting elements of the architecture including the OS and relevant networks
• Evaluate environment and support creation of platform roadmap.
• Analyze system performance and recommend corrective and preemptive actions.
• Conceptualize, design, and implement solutions to problems reported or discovered.
• Continuously improve the quality of service provided by the networks, applications, and security architecture.
• Deliver timely and high quality solutions to customer problems and requests focusing on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer.
• Initiate and participate in triage meetings to share knowledge with other developers and engineers and to efficiently resolve customer problems.
• Ability to work well with others as well as independently (MUST leave ego at the door)
• Ability to work well in a constantly evolving work environment
• Strong presentation skills
• Experience with multi-environment deployments
• Experience in an Agile environment
• 13 years of progressive IT leadership experience with BS/BA in Software Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or similar OR equivalent combination of education and experience
**POSITION REQUIRES CLEARANCE WITH POLYGRAPH ON DAY 1
Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one work area.
Typically has broad knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
Typically requires: A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 8 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience
Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and a minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
Relocation Assistance not eligible
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
RTX Raytheon / Equal Opportunity Employer
FVR03 SKUUU, Herndon, Virginia Herndon, Virginia ZC ZCCX