United States of America
VA531: 13900 Lincoln Park Dr, Herndon 13900 Lincoln Park Drive Suite 220, Herndon, VA, 20171 USA
Position Role Type:
Raytheon’s DevOps System Engineer help promote state-of-the-art IT solutions, collaborating with cross-functional teams, and share lessons learned. This position will focus on enabling container deployments and implementation of serverless architectures within AWS. Additionally, we need our DevOps SE to be versatile and enthusiastic to take on new problems. We believe that in addition to hiring great talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas, and cultures leads to the creation of better products.
The Systems Engineer will execute all aspects of the systems engineering discipline, to include software design, build, integration and test, training, deployment and sustainment activities for applications within the portfolio. Additionally, he/she will perform engineering activities such as: developing system test requirements; planning, execution, and analysis in support of system integration and verification.
The candidate must have detailed experience with AWS and all of its resources (or least its main ones EC2, S3, and RDS), as well as very familiar with Cloud formation to create and maintain AWS resources. The candidate must also have experience with programming in an Object Oriented Programming language, preferably in Ruby, Python, or NodeJS. The candidate must have experience with using the AWS SDK in any of its supported languages: Ruby, Python, Java, NodeJS, etc.
Java experience is vital in helping the development teams utilize AWS correctly.
This person must be willing to help in all cases as well as be familiar with architectural best practices. He/She will have experience with Jenkins and building Jenkins Pipelines using Groovy, not just Jenkins Jobs using Bash.
In this role, the person must have:
· Object Oriented Programming experience
· Experience with AWS (e.g., CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, DynamoDB, and ElasticSearch)
· Experience with relational databases (e.g., RDS, Oracle, Postgres)
· Experience in continuous integration technology (e.g., Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible)
· Experience with interacting in a Linux environment (ex – Bash scripting)
· Experience with Jenkins and creating Jenkins Pipelines while having and understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment best practices
· BS/BA in Computer Science OR equivalent combination of education and experience
· As a bonus, the idea candidate will also have:
· Experience with application platforms such as Spring Boot or Angular
· Experience with log analytics tools such as Splunk or ElasticSearch
· Experience working with containers using Docker
· Experience with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes and Mesos
· Experience in communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
· Experience with Microservices
· Experience with front end development using Angular 10
· Comfortable managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios
· Familiarity with Source code management and integration (ex – GitHub/GitLab)
· Experience in an Agile environment (JIRA, Confluence)
· 13+ years of relevant engineering experience with demonstrated knowledge in systems design, build, integration, and test
· Conducting system performance analysis and developing technical performance risk mitigation strategies
· Ability to analyze issues and define solutions
· Must have a TS/SCI with polygraph and eligible for crossover.
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding.
NOT Relocation Eligible – Relocation assistance not available
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
RTX Raytheon / Equal Opportunity Employer
FVR04 SKUUU, Herndon, Virginia Herndon, Virginia ZC ZCCX