Requisition ID: R10078503
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 2nd Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: No
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Set up and weld various types, sizes and shapes of materials and standard fabrications
utilizing the full range of welding processes in all positions, requiring extreme care
to produce a quality joint where methods, sequences and tooling have been established.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
GMAW (Gas Metal Arc), GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc), SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), SAW
(Submerged Arc Welding), EW (Electroslag Welding), burning equipment, regulators, induc?
tion heaters, welding positioners, fixtures, slag gun, grinder, crane, ladder, scaffold; hand truck, forklift, safety glasses, face shield, gloves, hammer, punch, square, chalkline.
Ferrous and nonferrous metals and their alloys, plate, structural shapes, casings and weldments, Oxygen, acetylene and inert gases, flux, welding wire and rods, etc.
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
Direct Welder Trainee assigned to help in the type, size and location of weld required
And direct Filer Chippers and Chippers assigned to help.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL MAJOR JOB DUTIES BUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT, NOR THE QUESTION BEING RAISED ON THE PROPER RATE OF PAY FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
1. Receive work assignment from supervision.
2. Read and follow safety regulations and procedures and MI package including drawings, change notices, operation sheets, specifications and work authorizations.
3. Lay out and mark or scribe reference lines on parts, strongback and positioner and assemble standard fabrications where sequences have been established and locate parts in positioning fixtures for welding. Trim parts to fit using burning equipment. Brace weldment to retain proper size and shape during welding.
4. Set up equipment by setting amperage, voltage, pressures, feeds and speeds within limits specified and obtaining specified electrode.
5. Preheat and maintain temperature of work as specified.
6. Operate welding equipment to deposit single and multiple layers of weld in all positions where extreme care must be exercised to produce a quality joint with uniform penetration that will withstand nondestructive testing arid machining to exacting tolerances. Clean weld between passes.
7. Repair weld all visual defects, voids and incomplete welds, Remove runoff tabs and clean up ends of weld joints. .
8. Identify weld areas with personal identification stamp.
9. Maintain tools, equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition and maintain equipment by replacing wire reels, straighteners, conduits, liners, guide tubes, tips, flow meters, nozzles, gas, etc.
10. Sign off operations completed and obtain first piece and final inspection signoff on operation sheets as required.
11. Check work for conformance to specifications.
12. Make proper time charge entries and record data as required.
13. Identify parts in accordance with method specified.
Maintain in effect certification for welding ferrous and nonferrous metals and alloys and take and acceptably pass periodic working tests. Perform other work of equal or lower classification as required.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Sunnyvale, CA Sunnyvale, CA ZC