Falls Church, VA
Requisition ID: R10056338
Category: Human Resources
Location: Falls Church, VA, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Development, the Talent Development Manager will help shape and execute a broad based talent development strategy and related processes in alignment with business and workforce needs to unleash the full potential of our people and business. This individual will be responsible for identifying, assessing and developing talent development solutions aimed at developing and growing the capabilities and skills of our people who are focused on defining possible each and every day.
In partnership with the Talent Development Director, this Manager will help define the learning and talent development strategy for key talent segments to drive continued growth, development and engagement of our people. The individual will take a data-driven approach to lead the assessment and analysis of development needs and partner with key stakeholders to prioritize, develop, deliver and scale those development solutions. This person will leverage technology and modern approaches to help transform the learning and development experience for our people, including taking a skills driven approach to development and driving digital transformation through various learning approaches. Additionally, this Manager seek opportunity to take an integrated approach to learning and development by applying learning and development subject matter expertise (e.g., instructional design) to ensure solutions appropriately demonstrate alignment to the company strategy, talent strategies and talent management disciplines, such as skills/competencies, succession management, performance management, and culture assessments.
The ideal candidate will manage a team capable of meeting the learning and development needs of a large and complex aerospace and defense company in an ever-changing talent landscape and be able to lead others in a matrix environment. The successful candidate will effectively communicate and partner with internal and external stakeholders and will be responsible for creating strategic concepts and translating them to execution to produce business outcomes.
• Provide input toward the shaping of an enterprise talent development strategy
• Drive execution within specific talent segment(s) and related processes in alignment with business and workforce needs (including needs assessment and validation, measurements/ROI)
• Provide leadership for broad based development, including a focus on skills and supporting digital transformation and culture change through learning.
• Partner with talent management and sectors to evolve existing program(s) and make recommendations to improve, sunset or stand up appropriate rotation program(s).
• Drive the identification, assessment, development and delivery for talent development solutions for the enterprise, integrating competency frameworks, company core values and leadership behaviors and tying focus areas to business strategy, priorities and needs. Apply practical stakeholder, change and project management disciplines to execute and deliver programs.
• Provide thought leadership and subject matter expertise in the talent development domain (e.g., instructional design) including line of sight to internal and external best practices and adopt for the enterprise as appropriate.
• Partner with and provide consulting/advisory for Organizational Effectiveness in the business to ensure talent development strategies align with business needs.
• Identify talent development intersection points across functional partners (inside and outside of HR) to deliver an integrated approach and employee experience across our learning and development programs and processes.
• Partner with Technical Development and Talent Management teams to ensure needs align with offerings and learning experiences are consistent.
• Provide input toward talent development organizational design including services and delivery model, organizational roles and talent requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, management, organizational development, human resources, or closely related field is required.
• Demonstrated understanding of adult learning theories and success with practical application of instructional design discipline to achieve learning outcomes to build organizational capability
• Minimum of 6+ years of mixed experience in an HR Business Partner role, or a leadership role demonstrating expertise in learning and development, organization development, succession planning, strategizing and implementing organizational and/or talent management solutions to include change management, talent management and development, rotational programs, or leadership / functional development.
• Experience in a technology/manufacturing or aerospace and defense organization
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning with the flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and navigate ambiguous situations.
• Demonstrated experience leading medium-large teams of direct and indirect leadership teams to drive successful business and functional outcomes
• Experience collaborating with and influencing senior leaders (VPs) to ensure client-satisfaction regarding project and/or process goals and objectives and strategic initiatives
• Must be willing to travel (25%) of the time
• Outstanding organization and project management skills with the ability to manage the delivery of high-quality, on-time programs in a dynamic environment.
• Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, communication and relationship-building skills with an ability to manage multiple clients with multiple needs in an efficient and effective manner.
• Systems and strategic thinking.
• Executive level presentation experience and proven proficiency
• Desired experience includes Learning & Development or line of business experience to include organizational effectiveness / organization development, with strong knowledge and understanding of talent management, and internal consulting practices.
• Experience leading and developing learning solutions in a digital environment, leveraging nudges, gamification and other modern techniques to enhance the learning experience and improve ROI.
• Experience in consulting / coaching senior leadership and expertise in change management and strategic communication strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated capability in process improvement implementation.
• Vendor management, project management experience strongly desired.
• Master’s degree or advanced certification in OE/OD preferred.
Salary Range: $116,160 USD – $174,240 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Falls Church, VA Falls Church, VA ZC