Requisition ID: R10087303
Category: Environmental, Health & Safety
Location: Vandenberg AFB, CA, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage, and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history they’re making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an EHS Coordinator 4. This position will be located at Santa Maria, CA with the majority time being spent supporting activities on Vandenberg Space Force Base (VSFB), CA, in support of the Strategic Deterrent Systems (SDS) Division.
What You’ll Get to Do:
• Protect the Company and your fellow employees from loss and injury due to accidents.
• Interpret, recommend, and comply with environmental, health and safety regulations and company policies.
• Responsible for reinforcing site and/or program safety protocols, maintaining documentation, ensuring compliance with OSHA and Northrop Grumman policies and procedures
• Monitoring of the facility for safety hazards and responding accordingly. May be directed as needed to support site safety and operations.
• Conduct inspections, audits, and incident investigations, and drive corrective actions.
• Organize and equip spill-control teams.
• Prepare applications for any new required EPA permits and renewals.
• Bachelors degree with 2 years’ experience or High School diploma or equivalent with 6 years’ experience
• Ability to leverage experience/background to bring alternative ideas/solutions to the team.
• Ability to Obtain and Maintain DOD Security Clearance and program access, as required.
• In-scope active DOD Clearance Secret Level or Above
• Experience supporting Northrop Grumman or government contracting/DoD facilities
• Experience in an Aerospace Manufacturing and Test environment
• Experience in Hazardous Waste/Materials Management and Shipping
• Demonstrated ability execute in accordance with an Ammunition and Explosive (A&E) site plans
• EM 385-1-1 Experience is a plus
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other
Salary Range: $61,700 USD – $102,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, – – ZC