Requisition ID: R10087296
Category: Environmental, Health & Safety
Location: Huntsville, AL, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Join Northrop Grumman on our continued mission to push the boundaries of possible across land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace. Enjoy a culture where your voice is valued and start contributing to our team of passionate professionals providing real-life solutions to our world’s biggest challenges. We take pride in creating purposeful work and allowing our employees to grow and achieve their goals every day by Defining Possible. With our competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, we have the right opportunities to fit your life and launch your career today.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal EHS Engineer. This position will support the Strategic Deterrent Systems (SDS) Division in Huntsville, AL.
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Protect the Company and your fellow employees from loss and injury due to accidents.
• Interpret, recommend, and comply with environmental, health and safety regulations and company policies.
• Assist in planning for changes in physical facilities to meet new EPA/OSHA requirements.
• Develop and implement required EHS programs and training.
• Conduct inspections, audits, and incident investigations, and drive corrective actions.
• Find, evaluate, and prepare contracts for properly licensed hazardous waste treatment, storage and disposal (TSD) facilities.
• Organize and equip spill-control teams. Write and update environmental and spill-control manuals and procedures.
• Prepare applications for any new required EPA permits and renewals.
• Provide input to federal and state regulators, through trade associations and industry groups, for the writing and revision of regulations.
• Perform the role of a lead EHS professional in a manufacturing environment of classified components.
• Bachelors degree with 9 years of Environmental, Health and safety experience; 7 years of experience with Masters; or an additional 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
• Training and experience in Radiation Safety.
• Ability to leverage experience/background to bring alternative ideas/solutions to the team.
• Ability to Obtain and Maintain DOD Security Clearance and program access as required.
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement Ammunition and Explosive (A&E) site plans
• Certified Safety Professional
• In scope active DOD Clearance Secret Level or Above
• Experience supporting Northrop Grumman or government contracting/DoD facilities
• Experience authoring and releasing Aerospace Procedures and providing associated training
• Experience in Hazardous Materials/Waste Management and Shipping
• Experience working in an aerospace manufacturing environment
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
Salary Range: $107,000 USD – $160,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Huntsville, AL Huntsville, AL ZC