Requisition ID: R10088092
Category: Program Management
Location: Magna, UT, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: Days (United States of America)
Travel Required: No
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is currently seeking a Senior Program Manager for its GEM Motor Production Program. This individual will lead the Execution of the Production Contract recently signed and lead the Production team from LRIP into high-rate production over the next several years. This position will report directly to the GEM Program Director. GEM Programs support United Launch Alliance Atlas V and Vulcan launch vehicles. This role will be on site in the Propulsion systems Bacchus (Magna), UT facility.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Sr Program Manager will have direct responsibility for newly Awarded Amazon Kuiper rate readiness. This position will work closely with all functions to ensure successful plans are in place and executed to meet the increased production needs of the program. This position will also support our NG customer with Owning the production readiness IPT and messaging. This role will report to the GEM Motor Program Director directly. Position includes leadership of a matrixed and multi-disciplined team responsible to deliver the programs increased production resources. Program is a firm fixed price commercial contract.
· Lead and execute successfully by managing safety, quality, schedule, equipment, tooling, people, and technology.
· Lead cost reduction initiatives and a cost roadmap to meet production requirements.
· Continuously drive for results, implement changes needed for production, and challenge the status quo to meet customer’s and programs needs
· Proven ability to influence others positively and hold them accountable to their budget / schedule and responsibilities
· Proven ability with developing a strategic vision and implementing that vision success internally and with a customer
· History managing firm fixed price contracts
· Track record of leading and negotiating complex changes with the customer
· Proven ability to lead and work hand in hand with the internal and external stake holders.
· Proven ability to lead a program from LRIP Production into high-rate production
· Represent Northrop Grumman Propulsion Systems as a company to our broad customer team (both to internal management as well as external ULA)
· Service the customer and prioritize their needs (executing the program day to day performance and resolving issues in accordance with business objectives, strategy, legal requirements, contract terms, and policies)
Program Team Management
· Lead a multi-discipline, multi-faceted team to successful performance
· Direct and guide the performance of other program functions
· Ability to provide verbal and written information clearly, succinctly, and persuasively
· Position program and team for long term success on subsequent production contracts
· Work hand in hand with the customer and program director on production and resource roadmaps and schedules
· Identify and assess risk with appropriate mitigating actions
· Responsible to manage and deliver 100% on time to customer requirements. Meet master program plans and schedules (identifying and assessing risks, and initiating necessary corrective action)
· Manage Budgets and cost roadmaps and reduction plans
· Manage discretionary budgets (IRAD, B&P, Marketing, CAPEX) as required
Facility / Capacity
· Engage deeply in the facility capacity plans, ensure plans meet program requirements.
· Setting program standards, working closely with facilities team to deliver performance
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree in applicable Engineering or Business field
· Ten (10) plus years’ experience in leading multi-discipline teams
· Experience in leading a team to deliver to Operating Margin commitments through program execution
· Experience in delivering results to the bottom line and managing change.
· Experience managing a customer, holding the line as required, yet delivering a strong customer relationship
· Experience in cost and schedule controls, including IMS management
· Experience in Production Programs, LRIP Production and or high rate Production
· Experience with lean manufacturing principles, learning curves, process improvements and production ramp up programs.
· Experience working in aerospace manufacturing, preferably solid rocket motor manufacturing
· Experience as CAM and/or past profit/loss accountability.
· Earned value program/project is a plus
· Masters Degree in technical or related business field
· A thorough knowledge of solid rocket motor design, materials, processes, manufacturing, key suppliers, tooling, testing, facilities, lessons learned, etc.
· Familiarity with Bacchus/Clearfield/Promontory factory operations and organizational structure
· Experience with VSET management, project engineering or facilities management
· In-depth understanding of customer requirements, both technically and financially, to ensure customer needs are met.
· Familiarity with prime contractor organizational structure and motor integration
· Familiarity and experience in managing suppliers
· Relevant experience at various levels of responsibility
Salary Range: $152,100 USD – $228,100 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Magna, UT Magna, UT ZC