Requisition ID: R10066981
Location: Melbourne, FL, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems sector has an opening for a Staff Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals on our Battlespace Architecture System and Technologies team. This position will be in Melbourne, FL.
We are looking for innovative thinkers who are interested in supporting the application of commercial technologies to operational military use cases. These technologies include 5G communications , machine learning, and future wireless technologies in support of advanced battle management capabilities. The qualified candidate must be able to thrive in fast-paced environments, minimum skills include comfortable multi-tasking and reprioritizing daily, drafting whitepapers and proposals, building PowerPoint and giving verbal presentations, and self-educating without direction. Desired experience in creating Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and/or executing program budgets.
This System Engineering position will support the Battlespace Architecture Systems Technology (BAST) Research and Advanced Design (RAD) portfolio Program Director and technical leadership on all activities across the business area. The BAST portfolio teams are primarily in Melbourne and Space Park, and some travel between locations can be expected.
The overall responsibilities include being able to lead a thrust area within the portfolio that is centered around technology insertions into captures to achieve overall portfolio growth. The ability to identify needed technologies, integrate into a solution, brief customers, and support proposals activities is critical. As an assigned thrust lead, the candidate is expected to be able to lead the effort and team to a ensure success.
Regular responsibilities include the following:
• System and technology solution development within a given Thrust Area.
• Ability to lead a capture team to form technical capture solutions
• Ability to lead an execution team.
• Develop capture plans and strategies
• Program management skills such as Integrated Master Schedule development
• Develop customer-facing briefings
• Identify capture plans and RFPs, ability to shape an RFP for given thrust area
• Support to directorate leadership for total coordination across mult-faceted portfolio activities.
• Prepare directorate highlights, directorate status, and maintaining directorate schedules for the various activities across the portfolio.
• Support of new business proposal writing and team organization, and overall proposal coordination and meeting scheduling
• Support in developing staffing requisitions, coordinating with functionals/Talent acquisition to establish interviews, and support to on-boarding/off boarding of talent.
• Bachelor’s degree and 14 years of experience in technical program integration/execution OR 12 years’ experience with Master’s degree OR 9 years’ experience with a PhD.
• Current, active DoD Secret Clearance within 6 years of last investigation/adjudication
• Leadership experience as principal Investigator on awarded contracts
• Skilled use of Microsoft Office products
• Master’s Degree
• Project integration experience
• Model Based System Engineering experience
• Risk/issue, opportunities experience
• Scheduling experience
• Experience and ability to autonomously assess complex problems and decompose them into a plan of action while coordinating across a large, divers team of program, business, and technical SMEs.
• Working knowledge of Project Management principles
• Aerospace and/or Defense Industry experience with international export
• Experience in developing strategic technical and capture roadmaps
Salary Range: $139,000 USD – $208,600 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Melbourne, FL Melbourne, FL ZC