Requisition ID: R10087738
Category: Manufacturing and Production
Location: Magna, UT, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift 12 hrs – Fri, Sat, Sun (United States of America)
Travel Required: No
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Operations Team Supervisor (OTS) position at our Bacchus, UT plant to manage a team of touch labor operators in the Final Assembly area.
As an Operations Team Supervisor you will be responsible for direct supervision of final motor manufacturing activities. This would include the following:
• Installation of Nozzles, Igniters, Interstage/Nose Cones, bracketry and thermal insulation on Rocket Motors.
• Critical motor handling and accountable for safety, quality, on the job training, productivity, and hardware delivery schedules within areas of responsibility.
• Communicates expectations clearly and initiates necessary actions to ensure that organizational goals and business objectives are accomplished.
• Ensures company policy directives and operating procedures are being followed.
• Maintains a presence at the point of most criticality or difficulty to favorably influence the operations of a high-performance manufacturing team.
• Exemplifies adherence to all safety rules, regulations, and standards.
• High School diploma or GED with 6 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
• 2 years of successful team leadership
• Skill in interpreting engineering drawings, specifications, and operating procedures
• Knowledge of MM&IR, Safety and Quality Assurance policies and procedures.
• A.S. degree plus four years’ experience or a B.S. degree with two years of experience.
• One year experience using visual daily management systems, standard work and coaching techniques.
• Demonstrated experience leading a work team to achieve organizational goals and takes ownership.
• Basic computer skills to include the use of the Microsoft Suite
• Demonstrates skill and initiative in resolving functional or process related problems or issues
• Demonstrated skill in interpreting engineering drawings, specifications and operating procedures
• Familiarity with Rocket Motor Finishing procedures and processes
• Manufacturing experience including knowledge of supporting systems including MM&IR, OPCB, Safety and QA policies
• Maintains consistent desire and interest in personal growth and development.
• Promotes new ideas and continuous improvement, utilizes employee cooperation and involvement to achieve CI objectives.
• Provides constructive criticism and positive reinforcement
• Is accessible/ available and has the awareness of self-limitations
• Communicates effectively and make sound business decisions
• Able to work a weekend day shift on an alternating 4/12 (Thursday-Sunday),3/12 (Friday-Sunday) shift
Salary Range: $63,200 USD – $105,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Magna, UT Magna, UT ZC