Requisition ID: R10084282
Location: Linthicum, MD, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: No
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Positions Available: 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Engineering Technician C to join its Advanced Technology Laboratories Sector Support team. This position is located in Linthicum, MD.
The Engineering Technician C will construct, test and troubleshoot a variety of electro-mechanical-optical circuits and equipment under the guidance, direction and supervision of higher classified personnel.
1. Construct, wire, bond, test and modify breadboard circuitry, microcircuit equipment and the like, where basic electronics knowledge is required in the location of components and devices for proper functioning of unit, working from detailed instructions such as sketches, schematics, string list and oral instructions. Make elementary layout of units, planning location of components and devices required in unit.
2. Obtain material, determining required components such as resistors, capacitors, transistors, printed circuits and integrated circuits, wire/bond from sketches and verbal instructions. Select components of proper value and quality in relation to unit being constructed. Make proper substitution for unavailable common components.
3. Perform laboratory tests and measurement in electro-mechanical-optical equipment selecting proper instrumentation, such as: Oscilloscopes, voltmeters, ammeters, and the like where some interpretation of test data may be required in terms of reliability.
4. Troubleshoot component items and simple interrelated circuits, selecting proper test instrumentation, which requires basic knowledge of the electro-mechanical laws involved in the functioning of the equipment.
5. Make calculations required in the summarization of data per detailed instructions, using algebraic formulae.
6. Prepare and submit test results and reports to higher classified personnel as required.
This is an SEA union represented position.
This is a 1st shift position.
– High school graduate or recognized equivalent.
– Must possess an Associate Degree (minimum 60 semester hours) or two years (minimum 60 semester hours) of college level study with a major in Electronics -OR- Minimum of six months military electronic school plus two years working experience in the maintenance and repair of electro-mechanical equipment.
– Must be able to obtain and maintain a minimum of Secret Clearance.
– The Engineering Tech C must have knowledge of electronic principles, the ability to wire and assembly circuits and understand the operation of basic test equipment.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, MD_Linthicum MD_Maryland ZC21090