Signal Hill, CA
Requisition ID: R10081784
Category: Technical Support
Location: Signal Hill, CA, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: Yes- May Consider Full Time Teleworking for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Working in Northrop Grumman Mission Systems means making a direct contribution to mission projects that keep our homeland safe, expanding the boundaries of possibility and reshaping the world we live in. We are seeking a Marine Field Service Technician to join our Sperry Marine team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Signal Hill, California. Under limited supervision, the Field Service Technician applies knowledge of electronics and circuitry to test, repair, and install a group of Sperry Marne (SMI) products. Will analyze system malfunctions and make repairs under tight shipboard schedules. Will use complex schematics and/or blueprints to achieve objectives for assigned tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
– Installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and tests marine products, normally aboard customers’ vessels but may include Land based and shop work.
– Oversees and supervises the shipboard installation of all SMI products. Stays with installed product during sea trial and makes adjustments to ensure proper working order.
– Performs training aboard ship to satisfy customer operational requirements.
– Provides and assists in the training of less experienced employees.
– Establishes and maintains customer relationships through routine visitations and contacts at customers’ offices and vessels.
– At all times, promote3s the company’s products and services through customer relationships.
– performs administrative functions including job paperwork, time sheets, expense records, and computer entries of such records.
– Prior to jobs aboard vessels, studies previous service records and secures sufficient information, tools, and spare parts to ensure a high success rate.
– After jobs aboard vessels, provides adequate follow up to ensure customer satisfaction or to arrange follow up service.
– Prepares service reports on product malfunctions and reports of weekly activities.
– Will adhere to Company’s Safety and Quality policies and Field Engineering “Code of Conduct”.
Shipboard working environment: Occasionally must take helicopter or Launch vessel to ships at anchorage. Works on radar mast 50-60 feet above deck or on hull fitted equipment 100 feet below main deck. Works also in shipyards around new construction on ships. Works exposed to weather at times.
– 4 years of technical, electronic experience, or an Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline plus 2 years of technical, electronic experience.
– Must be able to apply electronic and electro-mechanical theory
– Experience with Marine Navigation equipment, to include RADAR, Gyrocompasses, Steering/Autopilot systems, and ECDIS.
-Must have a valid FCC General Radiotelephone Operators License plus RADAR endorsement.
– Ability to frequently move and position objects weighing 40-50 lbs.
-Must be able to take a launch service 5 to 100 miles offshore and board by Jacob’s ladder.
-Ability to work in areas of height or close spaces.
– Ability to be subject to a variety of atmospheric conditions.
-Ability to obtain and maintain TWIC is required.
– Experience with Sperry Marine Navigation equipment, to include RADAR/ECDIS, Gyrocompasses, Steering/Autopilot systems.
-Current FCC GMDSS Radio Maintainers license
– Computer proficiency
Salary Range: $61,700 USD – $102,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Signal Hill, CA Signal Hill, CA ZC