Requisition ID: R10077937
Location: Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: No
Positions Available: 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Work and assist senior employees with setting up fixtures, laying out, assembling and repairing components parts of various types of diaphragms such as blades, vanes, shrouds, nozzle units and blade rings.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Drill press, band saw, stress relieve oven, blasting machine, shop aid tools, index plates, fixtures, clamps, layout table, jacks, grinders, etc., overhead crane, stacker, computers, electronic measuring equipment, slings, eyebolts, magnets, etc., hammers, wrenches, files, gages, square, protractor, dividers, verniers, safety glasses, hood, protective clothing, gloves, and hearing protection.
Carbon and stainless steel, blades, vanes, shrouds, inner rings, outer rings, nozzle block assemblies and diaphragm assemblies. Cleaning solvents, etc.
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL MAJOR JOB DUTIES BUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT, NOR THE QUESTION BEING RAISED ON THE PROPER RATE OF PAY FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
1. Receive work assignment from supervision/group leadership.
2. Read and follow safety regulations and procedures and MI package including blueprints/drawings, change notices, operation sheets, specifications and work authorizations.
3. Assemble and align components in fixtures for welding. Grind components to fit as required. Maintain proper port gage dimensions and maintain proper fit on vanes. Check and set radial, vane level, drop angles, etc. Scribe references lines to establish machining and/or welding stock allowance.
4. Calculate and determine dimensions for angles, crush pin holes, joints, keyways, port area, etc., and layout. Scribe reference lines on parts as required.
5. Knowledge/use of precision tools such as micrometer, calipers, etc.
6. Cut shroud and diaphragms joints to proper size or fit.
7. Position, align and clamp workpiece to machine table and operate and adjust machines to saw, etc.
8. Sign off operations completed and obtain first piece and final inspection signoffs on operation sheets as required. Obtain material verification as required.
9. Check work for conformance to specifications. Deburr work.
10. Maintain tools, equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
11. Make proper time charge entries and record data as required.
12. Relay pertinent job information to employees assigned to the same operation on following shifts.
13. Identify parts in accordance with method specified.
14. Other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION / REQUIREMENTS:
H.S. Diploma or equivalent and 2-4 years of related experience.
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Sunnyvale, CA Sunnyvale, CA ZC