Requisition ID: R10086606
Location: Azusa, CA, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
The Payload and Ground Systems organization within the Northrop Grumman Space Systems pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems sector is seeking a Staff (Level 5) Systems to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be on a hybrid schedule where most of the work will be done on-site, but we can accommodate partial teleworking upon business/program need.
Next Gen Polar (NGP) OPIR is looking for a Staff Systems Engineer (level 5) to work on our team to develop the NGP Telemetry, Tracking, & Control (TT&C) subsystem. The TT&C is a ground software system component that commands the space vehicle and its payloads, and processes the telemetry for immediate automated and human responses to health and safety status. TT&C and NGP as a whole is essential to support Missile Warning missions.
Candidate will be expected to:
• Define/derive system level requirements and establish traceability to customer documents
• Support the verification through requirements development, requirements revisions, requirement analysis and flow-down, functional decomposition, requirement allocation, traceability analysis, verification mapping, status tracking, and compliance mapping
• Influence the design process through regular interaction with, and input to, the design teams
• Guide the requirements definition and verification process from concept inception through acceptance and delivery
• Derive and allocate requirements to subsystems (performing or coordinating analyses as required) to support hardware, software, and interface specifications
• Identify the impacts of system requirements changes on lower-level specifications
• Adhere to/improve change request processes including impact analysis
• Lead requirement verification planning, tracking, and out briefing; including developing a Requirements Verification Plan
• Generate systems engineering data products to support system development, design reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, etc.), and verification and sell-off
Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field & 14+ years of related engineering experience, OR a Master’s Degree in a STEM field & 12+ years of related engineering experience
Current & active DoD secret security clearance
Salary Range: $161,000 USD – $241,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Azusa, CA Azusa, CA ZC