Redondo Beach, CA
Requisition ID: R10087141
Category: Program Management
Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed energy and electronics solutions for national security, military, and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
SSSD has an opening for a OPIR & Geospatial (OGS) Business Unit (BU) Staffing Lead Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
This role will support the OGS BU with staffing needs in the following capacity:
• Maintain and develop new metrics, databases, data automations, and data visualizations to reflect OGS BU personnel demands forecasts. Synchronize staffing and seating databases to forecast personnel demands for OGS BU across three divisions. Have extensive data analysis and problem solving abilities. Familiarity with Tableau, Alteryx, SQL, or any database tools is necessary.
• Oversee all staffing activity in the OGS BU by coordinating program needs with the functional engineering team to fill needs on-time and developing contingencies with the program for late-to-need requisitions. Track all staffing requisitions to closure. Present updates to OGS leadership team at biweekly and monthly staffing meetings.
• Onboard, coordinate, and engage all interns across the OGS Business Unit (NGP, HBTSS, Xenon, Mission 2, Strategy & Emerging Missions) into NGSP’s Summer Intern activities. Lead and delegate the OGS Intern Steering committee for organizing OGS BU specific information sessions, teams for sector presentations, mentoring opportunities, maintaining the OGS Job Jar.
• Involvement in OGS Mentorship program including yearly rollout, mentorship pairings, and quarterly events.
• Document and update staffing related processes and roll out to IPTs.
• Drive engagement activities and plan improvements.
• Ability to adapt in a highly dynamic environment and perform cross IPT collaboration.
• General support for OGS Program Operations Team.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a Business, Technical or related degree and with 6+ years of related professional experience in an operational role OR Master’s degree from an accredited university in a Business, Technical or related degree with 4+ years of related operational professional experience.
• Dynamic self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to function independently.
• Demonstrated flexible approach to work and the ability to work collaboratively on a team.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with Tableau, Alteryx, SQL, or any database tools is necessary.
• Experience with Windows-based MS Office tools, to include MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
• MS degree in a Business, Technical or related degree.
Salary Range: $86,300 USD – $129,500 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Redondo Beach, CA Redondo Beach, CA ZC