Vandenberg AFB, CA
Requisition ID: R10086417
Location: Vandenberg AFB, CA, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 25% of the Time
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you’ll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Senior Principal Flight Test Engineer (Campaign Lead). This position will be located in Vandenberg Space Force Base, CA and will support the Sentinel – Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. This role may offer a competitive relocation assistance package.
What You’ll Get To Do:
• Candidate will be responsible for Developmental Flight Test planning and execution.
• Manage and lead a campaign team consisting of flight test engineers, technicians, and operators who will perform Pathfinder and Flight system-level tests on the GBSD weapon system
• Develop, perform, and document tests, includes test planning, test conduction, data analysis and documenting test results as part of the Flight Test Team
• Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for systems
• Review and evaluate test requirements to ensure completeness and compliance of the test program
• Validate specifications and designs through testing
• Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
• Direct and maintain strict adherence to safe missile component handling procedures
• Help develop, evaluate, and update technical procedures
• Create technical reports and present test and analysis results
• Coordinate integrated testing activities working in a dynamic people-focused environment
• Interface with internal and external customers
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position’s standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s and at least 9 years of relevant experience; or a Master’s and at least 7 years of relevant experience; or a PhD and at least 4 years of relevant experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• US Citizenship with an Active Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
• MS Office tools and Project Management experience
• Demonstrated experience in test planning and test execution
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• US Citizenship with an Active Top-Secret Clearance or higher (awarded within the past 6 years)
• ICBM Flight Test, operations or maintenance experience
• Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills; works well in a team environment within all levels of the test integrated team structure.
• Experience leading a team in project execution and/or driving performance against schedule
Salary Range: $117,700 USD – $176,500 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Vandenberg AFB, CA Vandenberg AFB, CA ZC