Requisition ID: R10085567
Location: Jacksonville, FL, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: Any (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Put your skills to the test by pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. From global defense to sustainment and modernization to mission readiness, your experience and ability will make it a reality. Our programs are built on equal parts of curiosity and collaboration. Our combined effort means our customers can connect and defend millions of people around the world. With Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to be an essential part of projects that will define your career, now and in the future.
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced personnel with P-3 aircraft electrician background to support a maintenance program with Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in Jacksonville, FL. The CBP P-3 fleet consists of Airborne Early Warning (AEW) and Long Range Tracker (LRT) high-endurance, all-weather, tactical turbo-prop aircraft. The AEW aircraft are utilized primarily for long-range patrols along the entire U.S. border, and in source and transit zone countries. The LRT aircraft are used to intercept, track airborne and surface threats in source and transit zone countries. The P-3 aircraft are equipped with state-of-the-art, highly sophisticated sensor equipment, i.e., radar, electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) detecting systems.
Are You ready to put your experience to work here at Northrop Grumman? If so, we need you to join our team as a P-3 SCA Aircraft Mechanic II – Aircraft Electrician. This position is located in Jacksonville, FL. This is a Service Contract Act position.
You will perform a variety of electrical trade functions such as the installation, maintenance, or repair of equipment for the generation, distribution, or utilization of electric energy.
Work involves most of the following: installing or repairing any of a variety of electrical equipment such as generators, transformers, switchboards, controllers, circuit breakers, motors, heating units, conduit systems, or other transmission equipment; working from blueprints, drawings, layouts, or other specifications, locating and diagnosing trouble in the electrical system or equipment, working standard computations relating to load requirements of wiring or electrical equipment, and using a variety of electrician’s hand tools and measuring and testing instruments. In general, the work of the maintenance electrician requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience.
Specific duties include:
• Performs duties as Aircraft Electrician on P-3 aircraft in support of Customs Border Protection (CBP).
• Install and adjust equipment replacement parts to ensure optimal performance.
• Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
• Lay out installation of aircraft assemblies and systems, following documentation such as blueprints, manuals, and wiring diagrams.
• Interpret and analyze flight test and performance data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
• Coordinate work with engineers, technicians, and other aircraft maintenance personnel.
• Maintain and inspect a wide array of equipment including: Electrical and Electronic Components, Batteries, Inertial Navigation Units and Test Sets, Electronic Module Test Consoles and Aircraft Instruments, Generators, and Generator Power Distribution Equipment.
• Use your proficiency in schematic interpretation and electronics test equipment.
• Comply with Foreign Object Damage (FOD), Hazardous Waste Program, and positive, 100% accountability Tool Control Programs.
• Comply with all established general and industrial safety rules and regulations as applicable to the contract, facility, and job assignment.
• May perform Lead, CDQAR and other duties as assigned.
• Out of country travel may be required for this position.
• Able to work any shift (Days, Nights, Weekends)
• Use your knowledge and ability to administer a 100% tool accountability
1. A minimum of 4 years of documented aviation electrician experience in order to perform the duties listed above and a High School diploma or equivalent.
2. At a minimum at least 1 FAA rating held- either FAA Airframe or FAA Powerplant certificate
3. Ability to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
4. Ability to work any shift as assigned.
5. Ability to obtain/maintain a current U.S. passport.
6. Ability to travel IAW the programs requirements. (CONUS and OCONUS locations).
7. Ability to obtain/maintain a DOD Active Secret Level Security Clearance.
8. Ability to obtain/maintain a Department of Homeland Security CBP Background Investigation; CBP Background Investigation is required to start.
9. Ability to travel as required by the Program.
1. Aircraft electrical experience with US Navy P-3 aircraft or equivalent ie: C-130.
2. Aircraft electrical experience with US Navy, and/or FAA aircraft. or Satisfactory completion of U.S. Navy Aviation Electrician course.
3. Completion of military aircraft electrician course or equivalent.
4. Familiarity with the Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP) or equivalent.
5. Ability to perform organizational and intermediate repairs, trouble-shoot, and thorough working knowledge of P-3 fuel quantity, autopilot, environmental, and powerplant systems.
6. FAA A&P certificate.
7. Current DOD Secret clearance.
8. CBP Background Investigation.
9. A current U.S. passport.
Salary Range: $30 USD – $30 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville, FL ZC