Rolling Meadows, IL
Requisition ID: R10076885
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
On the Mission Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Northrop Grumman’s Manufacturing department is seeking RF Test Engineers to support its RF Microelectronics and RF Systems Manufacturing Test Engineering organizations. This position will be located at the Mission Systems Sector, Land & Avionics C4ISR Division, in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The selected candidate(s) will work in a dynamic, people and mission-focused environment where he/she will interact with product designers, manufacturing technicians, quality engineering and process engineering. T2-T3 Test Engineers are responsible for varied duties and tasks including the design and development of RF test systems, guide the testability of new RF product designs, troubleshoot production hardware, and investigate and implement continuous improvement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Transition new RF products from design to production
– Design and validate new test stations and fixtures
– Create manufacturing engineering documentation (change notices, parts lists, bills of materials, test reports, test procedures)
– Provide technical leadership regarding analysis of production failures, test methodology, corrective action and continuous improvement of cost, quality and cycle time.
– Collaborate with Test Technicians to troubleshoot production hardware to determine root cause of failures.
– Work with suppliers to resolve technical hardware issues
– Create and analyze metrics to target cost improvements
– Mentor less experienced Test Engineers
– Strong communication skills, organization skills, and the ability to collaborate in a team environment
– Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or related engineering discipline with relevant years of experience:
Principal Electronics Engineer T3 – plus 5 years related work experience, or Master’s degree and 3 years’ experience
Electronics Engineer T2 – plus 2 years related work experience, or Master’s degree and 0 years’ experience
– Experience in RF hardware design and/or test & validation of Circuit Card assemblies
– Experience in RF test station/fixture design, development, troubleshooting
– Experience utilizing Class B equipment such as Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, and Oscilloscopes to troubleshoot hardware
– Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Willingness to learn National InstrumentsTM Labview and/or National Instruments LabWindowsTM/CVI test software
– Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, US Citizenship required
– Master of Science degree in Electrical or related engineering discipline
– Experience in a manufacturing environment
– Experience with National InstrumentsTM Labview and/or National Instruments LabWindowsTM/CVI test software
– Experience with Microsoft Project
– Experience with Earned Value Management
– Active security clearance
Salary Range: $81,000 USD – $121,600 USD
Salary Range 2: $99,800 USD – $149,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Rolling Meadows, IL Rolling Meadows, IL ZC