Salt Lake City, UT
Requisition ID: R10085678
Category: Manufacturing and Production
Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 2nd Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: No
Positions Available: 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman manufactures some of the world’s most technically advanced products. Our manufacturing plants are highly-automated, cutting-edge centers of excellence where employees leverage the latest technology, including the strategic use of automation, 3-D printing and robotics. There are a myriad of job functions associated with the manufacture of our products that range from machinists, engineers, operation program managers, and quality inspectors. Our mission is to deliver differentiated value to our programs, by manufacturing products with the highest possible quality at the most affordable rate.
The Fiber Optic Gyros (FOG) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Precision Electromechanical Assembler 2 (2nd Shift) based out of Salt Lake City, UT.
What You’ll get to Do:
• Perform wiring and component installation and hand soldering, disassembling, modifying, reworking or reassembling units using various hand and pneumatic tools.
• May perform mechanical assembly, cable assembly, component forming and mounting, high reliability assembly.
• Expected to work with various chemicals and solvents for long periods.
• Complete part marking and simple continuity checks on work in process and completed units.
• Work from verbal or written instructions that provide detailed methods and sequence of assembly operations in addition to using wiring diagrams and assembly drawings.
• High School diploma/GED and 2 years additional education and/or related experience.
• Must possess basic, verbal and written communication skills for minimal interaction with others.
• Able to achieve J-STD-001 certification.
• Knowledge of techniques, approaches, guidelines, policies and procedures in the job area.
• Must be able to perform assembly techniques in order to make modifications, reworks and assemblies.
• J-STD-001 solder certification or equivalent soldering skills.
• Ability to perform basic problem solving techniques which are fully defined and available through the supervisor, coworkers and written materials.
Salary Range: $37,700 USD – $62,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Salt Lake City, UT Salt Lake City, UT ZC