Rolling Meadows, IL
Requisition ID: R10085535
Location: Rolling Meadows, IL, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Positions Available: 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is offering a challenging and rewarding career as a Principal/Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer within the Mission Systems Sector located at the Rolling Meadows – Illinois facility.
This position will support the development, build, and test validation of ruggedized electronic equipment for military applications. The candidate will work within the Mechanical & Optical Technology organization. It is a high performing organization that values its employees and has a strong sense of purpose tied to the vision of Northrop Grumman: To be the most trusted provider of systems and technologies that ensure the security and the freedom of our nation and its allies. The candidate will be able to grow personally and professionally in an ethical and inclusive environment, while being an important part of a great team. The engineer will be responsible for solving challenging technical problems with innovative solutions that meet performance, cost, and schedule requirements. The engineer must have demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following specific technical skills: advanced thermal analysis, advanced structural analysis, microelectronics design, aircraft modification (Group A) design, or opto-mechanical design. The expertise will be applied at any phase of the product life cycle, including requirements analysis, concept design, detailed design, manufacture, and environmental test. The engineer will serve on engineering teams, and interface heavily with related disciplines and customers/stakeholders. Strong communication skills are required for success in all phases of the role.
The engineer will also contribute to overall knowledge base and skill level of the organization via coaching, knowledge transfer, and process improvement activities.
This position can be filled at the Principal or Sr. Principal Level:
Basic Qualifications for Principal Mechanical Engineer:
– Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience in electronics packaging or a Master’s degree with 3 years of experience in Electronics Packaging.
– Extensive experience with hardware development and electro-mechanical packaging, including at least one of the following subjects: thermal analysis, structural analysis, microelectronics design, opto-mechanical design, environmental testing
– Proficiency with 3D CAD Tools (Siemens NX is preferred) and product data management tools
– Demonstrated leadership of small to moderately sized teams during the product development process including the review of technical work products
– Demonstrated application of innovative solutions to complex problems that arise within the design, development, and production phases
– Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including experience presenting at design reviews and customer/stakeholder briefings
– Displayed ability to exercise latitude in determining most appropriate technical approach of assignments
– U. S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Secret security clearance
Basic Qualifications for Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer:
– Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 9 years of experience in electronics packaging or MS degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of Electronics Packaging.
– Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following subjects: advanced thermal analysis, advanced structural analysis, microelectronics design, group A design, or opto-mechanical design
– Expertise in mechanical design and/or analysis tools
– Demonstrated application of innovative solutions to complex problems
– Experience reviewing technical work products of peers
– Experience presenting at design reviews and customer/stakeholder briefings
– Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
– U. S. citizen and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance
– Master of Science degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
– Expertise in NX and/or ANSYS
– Familiarity with opto-mechanical engineering
– Leadership in process improvement or knowledge transfer (i.e. publication) activities
– Experience contributing to development of junior engineers
Salary Range: $90,600 USD – $136,000 USD
Salary Range 2: $112,300 USD – $168,500 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Rolling Meadows, IL Rolling Meadows, IL ZC