Requisition ID: R10085117
Location: Radford, VA, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: Rotating Shifts (United States of America)
Travel Required: No
Positions Available: 15
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
This full-time position is an entry level production position at New River Energetics (NRE) in Radford, VA, located at the Radford Army Ammunition Plant. Once an employee has completed new hire training, they will take direction from leaders and supervisors to safely produce quality products following work procedures and operating a variety of machinery.
• Follow all safety, environmental, and production rules and procedures.
• Stop operations and notify Supervision of any abnormal conditions, including any potential safety hazards or unsafe conditions.
• Perform job so that product quality is assured.
• Inspect operating equipment on a daily basis.
• Call maintenance for equipment repairs, or report to leader or supervisor.
• Detect and inform leader or supervisor of any problems with equipment or materials.
• Support NRE’s Performance Enterprise System (PES) initiatives.
• Perform all activities outlined in the operating procedures for assigned work area.
• Set up and operate various types of production machinery.
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
• Maintain production and operation records, including online record keeping and product identification tools.
Physical requirements to perform essential functions
• Lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
• Push carts weighing up to 1,000 pounds
• Bend and stoop repetitively
• Stand, walk, and climb steps repetitively
• Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions
• Must be able to work overtime when needed, per the guidelines outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
Key abilities required to perform essential functions
• Read and understand written and verbal procedures and work instructions
• Effective verbal communication skills
• Basic math skills
• Ability to function in a team environment
• Ability to carry out job assignment without direct supervision
• Ability to clearly write and record information
• Ability to access and accurately record time worked in electronic timekeeping system
• Ability to use a computer for production record keeping
• Ability to drive various vehicles including, but not limited to, powder van, passenger van, sedan, and pickup, as well as forklift as required by work assignment
• Commitment to operating safely, with environmental awareness, and with a focus on producing a quality product
$21.88/hr., then after 120 days, pay increases to $23.51/hr.
Yearly pay increases, as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
7 day swing shift
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Radford, VA Radford, VA ZC