Redondo Beach, CA
Requisition ID: R10078483
Location: Redondo Beach, CA, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: None
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Positions Available: 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
SSSD has an opening for an Electronics Test Engineer to join our Radiation Effects team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Research, design, develop, and test a variety of electronic semiconductor circuit components (e.g. diodes, transistors, op amps, regulators, memories, FPGAs, etc.) that are used in space and defense applications.
• Assist in test procedure development
• Perform PCB design and development, Circuit design/simulation, etc.
• Use Electrical Test Equipment (e.g. Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, Signal Generators, Network Analyzers, etc.)
• Develop test programs for Automated Test Equipment
• Conduct electronic component characterization testing, measuring device electrical parameter degradation before and after the effects of ionizing and particle radiation (e.g. Total Ionizing Dose, Neutron Displacement Damage, Heavy Ion / Proton / Neutron Single Event Effects)
• Provide design support and participate in design reviews
• Bachelor’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 2+ years of experience in Engineering OR
• Master’s degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline
• Master’s Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Physics preferred.
• DoD Security Clearance Preferred
Knowledge or experience with any of the following:
• Circuit design/simulation, part evaluations, parameter degradation
• Testing for parameter degradation and parametric measurements
• Software or programming development
• LabView and/or LabWindows Experience
• Radiation testing, radiation exposure experience is a plus
• Single event effects, single event upset, single event transients, prompt dose
• Meteoroid/orbital debris, electron/proton/x-ray transport
• Nuclear hardening and SGEMP design and analysis
• Monte Carlo modeling, atomic oxygen calculations, dose-depth curves, displacement damage-depth curves, dose mapping
Salary Range: $85,000 USD – $127,400 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Redondo Beach, CA Redondo Beach, CA ZC