Requisition ID: R10084146
Location: Melbourne, FL, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the Time
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Principal Systems Engineer/Sr Principal Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The Systems Engineer will utilize Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) practices to support an Air Dominance (AD) Systems Engineering Integration (SEI) Integrated Product Team (IPT), and act as an Embedded Systems Engineer (ESE) for cross-IPT collaboration within a Digital Engineering Environment. Cross-IPT support may include, but is not limited to: Product Support Team, Manufacturing, Air Vehicle, System Integration and Test, Propulsion, and Survivability.
The Systems Engineer will act as a cross-IPT technical integrator working closely with peers and managers of other engineering disciplines, program managers, and IPT leads, with essential functions including:
– System Architecture development, Supplier model integration, and internal system interface control (Cameo/Rhapsody or a similar MBSE tool)
– Capture analytical tool and workflows (analytical architectures) that contribute to the maturation of the program Digital Engineering Environment
– Provide requirements allocation and interface definition support to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
– Participate in Allocation Control Boards (ACBs), Technical Review Boards (TRBs), and other program reviews and boards, as required
– Communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings at technical and program reviews and boards.
– Apply extensive technical expertise in the development of technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
– Provide cross-IPT support for Capture efforts, contract documents (e.g. SSOW/SDRL/CDRL), and trade studies as required
This position may be filled at either the Principal System Engineer OR Senior Principal System Engineer level.
Principal System Engineer: Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of experience in engineering; OR a Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 3 years of experience in engineering; OR PhD in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 1 years of experience in engineering
Sr Principal System Engineer: Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 9 years of experience in engineering; OR a Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 7 years of experience in engineering; OR PhD in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university with 5 years of experience in engineering
– Must have an active DoD Secret clearance or higher (with a background investigation completed within the last 6 years or currently enrolled into Continuous Evaluation)
– Experience in systems engineering
– Experience with MBSE, software design, or demonstrated ability to work with software-aided design tools
– The ability to obtain program access (PAR).
– The ability to adhere to Program security requirements while performing work
– The ability to effectively communicate with engineers and management from multiple disciplines
– Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Engineering
– Working knowledge of MBSE tools such as Cameo, Magic Draw, Rhapsody, Sparx EA, and/or Enterprise Architect
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
– Experience working on military aircraft / spacecraft systems
– Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements
– Experience in system architecture, CONOPs, or model-based system engineering
– Experience in ICD development and integration
– Demonstrated communication and technical writing skills.
– Proven ability to brief technical presentations to stakeholders.
– MBSE and Agile Systems Engineering Experience.
Experience with systems in accordance with MIL-STD-881 Appendix A
– An active DoD Top Secret clearance
Salary Range: $90,400 USD – $135,600 USD
Salary Range 2: $112,000 USD – $168,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
MMDUU, FVR06 SKUUU, Melbourne, FL Melbourne, FL ZC