Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, various cloud environments, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates, and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
Shift schedule: 7pm-7am, Thurs-Sat, every other Wednesday.
– Utilize state of the art technologies such as Endpoint Detection & Response tools, log analysis (Splunk) and possibly network forensics (full packet capture solution) to perform hunt
and investigative activity to examine endpoint and network-based data.
– Conduct log analysis and triage in support of incident response.
– Recognize attacker and APT activity, tactics, and procedures as indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be used to improve monitoring, analysis and incident response.
– Develop and build security content, scripts, tools, or methods to enhance the incident investigation processes.
– Lead Incident Response activities and mentor junior SOC staff.
– Work with key stakeholders to implement remediation plans in response to incidents.
– Effectively investigative and identify root cause findings then communicate findings to stakeholders including technical staff, and leadership.
– Flexible and adaptable self-starter with strong relationship-building skills
– Strong problem solving abilities with an analytic and qualitative eye for reasoning
-Ability to independently prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- The candidate must currently possess a Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance. In addition to clearance requirement, all CBP personnel must have a current or be able to favorably pass a 5 year background investigation (BI).
- B Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cyber Security, or related field.
- – Minimum of 7 years of professional experience in incident detection, response and remediation.
- – Minimum of five (5) but (7) preferred years of specialized experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Email security
- Digital media forensic
- Monitoring and detection
- Incident Response
- Vulnerability assessment and pen test
- Cyber intelligence analysis
- - Must have at least the SANS or CCNA certification.
- - Extensive experience analyzing and synthesizing information with other relevant data sources, providing guidance and mentor-ship to others in cyber threat analysis and operations,
- evaluating, interpreting, and integrating all sources of information, and fusing computer network attack analyses with counterintelligence and law enforcement investigations.
The candidate should have at minimum ONE of the following certifications:
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP).
- SANS – GCIA – Intrusion Analyst
- SANS – GREM – Reverse Engineering Malware
- SANS – GISF – Security Fundamentals
- SANS – GXPN – Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester
- SANS – GMON – Continuous Monitoring Certification
- OSCP (Certified Professional)
- OSCE (Certified Expert)
- OSWP (Wireless Professional)
- OSEE (Exploitation Expert)
- CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
- LPT – Licensed Penetration Tester
- ECSA – EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
- Cyber Analyst Couse
- Team Lead experience in a security related environment
- -Ability to coordinate and communicate well with team leads and government personnel
- -Provide weekly status reports and requested documentation
- -Experience in cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement
- -Experience with Cyber Kill Chain
- All Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to favorably pass a 5-year (BI) Background Investigation
Pay Range $97,500.00 – $150,000.00 – $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos / Equal Opportunity Employer
R-00105094 JBLDJ 2023-02-28 19:26:59 UTC
Top Secret SSBI SCI, CLZTS, SKMIL, — SKUUU, VA_Ashburn VA_xxx ZC20147