Fort Bragg, North Carolina
Hurlburt Field, Florida
Fort Benning, Georgia
Cannon AFB, New Mexico
Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
On-Site Performance Dietitian – Skillbridge Internship
At KBR we are committed to our nation’s Military and Veteran’s through our partnerships with Hiring our Hero’s and DoD Skillbridge. We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness, and collaboration.
Our Science and Space Business Unit supports US Special Operations Command’s (USSOCOM) Preservation of The Force and Family (POTFF). Through POTFF, KBR provides embedded resources to Special Operation Forces (SOF) and their families around the world. Our KBR team is looking for transitioning service members who are eligible and interested in DoD Skillbridge opportunities to intern as a Performance Dietitian. In this role, you will provide guidance and counseling on nutritional practices to enhance recovery and optimize performance for special operations forces (SOF) personnel, with the priority on SOF Operators and Direct Combat Support personnel.
These Skillbridge opportunities are filling full-time positions on POTFF in partnership with the local command leadership. Our goal is to provide you a full-time offer once you have successfully completed your Skillbridge Internship!
We currently have opportunities in the following :
Cannon AFB, NM
Camp Lejeune, NC
Fort Bragg, NC
Fort Benning, GA
Hurlburt Field, FL
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Performs administrative and clinical duties within their scope of practice.
· Provide nutritional planning, counseling, and documentation that is guided by evidence-based peer reviewed literature.
· Advise the chain of command on issues pertinent to nutrition and performance nutrition.
· Work within the scope of practice, which may include ordering labs.
· Provide individual and group counseling for guidance on performance nutrition.
· Design and implement performance nutrition programs for SOF personnel in Garrison, TAD/TDY, and deployed settings.
· Develop nutritional protocols and guidelines for rehabilitation and performance.
· Collaborate with the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator for implementation of new protocols and guidelines.
· Serve as an advisor on dining facility and/or galley nutrition and liaison between food service and command.
· Assist other regional SOF assets as required by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and approved by the chain of command.
· Attend and participate in meetings with other POTFF staff members and medical personnel as requested and/or required.
· Serve as an advisor on supplementary nutrition, supplements, and performance enhancing substances within the POTFF program.
· Ensure that adequate educational materials and sports nutrition specific supplies are available.
· Assist with supply inventories and provide input on supply needs.
· Ensure that equipment and facilities under the purview of the Performance Dietitian are in safe working condition and are properly utilized.
· Ensure that records are updated as required.
· Participate in periodic in-service training for members of the HP Staff.
· Attend required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow for attendance at the necessary conferences or courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain professional certification.
· Maintain 100% compliance with local mandatory command training requirements.
· Perform administrative duties, which may include maintaining records of workload, participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
· Participate in peer (record) reviews as directed and required.
· Develop and promulgate training materials as requested and required by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
· Perform other tasks, within the scope of the PD position description, as assigned by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
· Document work performed, utilization, encounters, referrals, and all other information on the Military’s Electronic Health Record (i.e. AHLTA, MHS GENESIS, etc.) and/or the HP Enterprise-wide database (e.g., Smartbase, etc.), as directed by HP program manager and/or coordinator and. or required by US SOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
· Collect and report all data as requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
· Proficiently utilize computers, software, and technologies as required and requested by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and required by USSOCOM HQ and its POTFF staff.
· Master’s level degree in Nutrition Science or related field.
· Certification from the American Dietetic Association (ADA) as a Registered Dietitian (RD) and a specialty certification as a Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD). CSSD certification may be waived by the COR if all other qualifications are met; however, the CSSD should be earned within six months of employment.
· Current and valid state certification/licensure.
· May be required to receive and maintain clinical practice privileges.
· Minimum of 3 years or more of demonstrable accumulated experience (continuous and sustained experience preferred) as a Performance Dietitian with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Division I, Olympic, professional, and/or SOF Operators in the accompanying, respective settings. Paid full-time experience as a Government civilian or contract employee at US Army and/or Marine Corps Infantry Units, may be counted towards minimum qualification requirements, provided this experience was gained within the most recent, continuous 1 year, as a directly embedded staff member, on-site with respective Army and/or Marine Corp entities.
· Capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF training evolutions and the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols.
· Must be able to lift and manipulate loads and plates up to 25 kilograms.
· Must maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) by the American Heart Association; must provide front and back proof of all training/certs/documentation.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR / Equal Opportunity Employer
SKSTU, FVR07 SKUUU, Fort Bragg, North Carolina Fort Bragg, North Carolina ZC ZCCX