On-Site Drafter – SkillBridge Internship
At KBR we are committed to our Nation’s Military and Veteran’s through our partnerships with Hiring our Hero’s and DoD Skillbridge. We attract the best minds in the world to grow with us and connect with our customers, because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness, and collaboration.
Our Science & Space Business Unit operates globally proving solutions for NASA, Federal Civilian Agencies, the U.S. Department of Defense, we well as commercial customers.
The purpose of this position is to provide CAD Designer/Drafter will support the production of engineering drawings from 3D models for fabrication and assembly of flight, ground support, engineering unit and prototype hardware. Additionally, the CAD Designer/Drafter will modify and/or generate models under engineering supervision, model commercial components, and assist in part selection/specification. The CAD Designer/Drafter will support generation of CAD produced materials for presentations and reviews. The CAD Designer/Drafter will perform other duties as assigned. ?????
• Responsible for compliance with Safety, Health and Environmental plan; must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the Company’s safety policies and rules and must be willing to report safety violations and potential safety violations to appropriate supervisory or management personnel
• Responsible for compliance with the Quality Assurance Plan, policies and procedures
• Responsible for completing all assigned training
• Attend weekly laboratory meetings as required
• Support project meetings as assigned.
• Track and report status of assigned tasks to projects, section and department management as assigned.
• Generate engineering drawings from 3D models, oral or written instructions, engineering notes, sketches or actual hardware. Engineering drawings include mechanical, electrical and softgoods.
• Modify existing drawings as required.
• Support materials preparation for reviews and presentations.
• Support part selection and specification.
• Other duties as assigned?
• Other functions pertaining to documentation of hardware as assigned by technical lead/section supervisor
Associate degree CAD Drafting plus a minimum of 0-3 years drafting/design experience OR 5 years drafting/design experience in lieu of a degree
Experience generating and revising Mechanical drawings in the NASA/JSC EDRS system.
Experience generating and revising Soft Goods drawings in the NASA/JSC EDRS system.
Experience in 3D Modeling software – Solidworks preferred ?????
Knowledge and proficiency in application of standards and procedures set forth in the JPR8500.4, JSC drawing manual.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.?
Click here to learn more: KBR Benefits
Inclusion and Diversity at KBR?
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our Zero Harm culture. These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to, and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of team’s philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and . Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer. We Deliver – Together. ?
Click here to learn more: Inclusion and Diversity at KBR
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR / Equal Opportunity Employer
SKSTU, FVR06 SKUUU, Houston, Texas Houston, Texas ZC ZCCX