Clovis, New Mexico
job requisition id
Special Operations Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Cannon AFB, NM)
A career at KBR can change the world — and change your life. If you’re ready, let’s get started.
KBR maintains a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts. We are looking for a Special Operations Licensed Clinical Social Worker to join the team who is responsible for integrating the physical, mental and psychological wellness of our service members and their families.
This Special Operations Licensed Clinical Social Worker will function within an operational unit, as a Behavioral Health Care Provider and is responsible for the application of social work procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, and evidenced-based therapies, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders using the following skills: individual, family and group psychotherapy, couple’s therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluations.
• Engage all quality improvement and staff meetings, conferences
• Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health/organizational social work.
• Consult with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts as required.
• Maintain accurate medical records of all patients seen and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment.
• Participate in military specific training. This position may include clinical supervision of unlicensed providers or trainees.
• May be required to perform some, or all, of the following activities: Participates in and successfully completes required DoD or service required training; Contact referred patients to assess treatment adherence; Use validated symptom inventories to assess current symptom severity; Assess barriers to treatment adherence and help patient problem-solve solutions to barriers; Provide patients with education regarding their mental health condition and treatment regimen; maintain patient information in a patient registry; maintain accurate and current notes in the electronic medical records of all patients contacted for review by the managing physician; Routinely staffs difficult cases with the referring provider, behavioral health consultant and/or psychiatry consultant; and Performs case management functions.
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
• Must have a Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain Secret Clearance.
• Master of Social Work (M.S.W.) or equivalent (MSSW, MSSA) degree from a graduate school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
• Maintain a current, unrestricted clinical license to independently practice social work in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
• Maintain credentialing requirements in good standing at a local MTF.
• Minimum of two (2) years within the past five (5) years in the independent practice of clinical social work in a mental health setting.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of professional standards and ethics regarding the delivery of clinical social work services.
• Experience in brief behavioral interventions.
• May be required to receive and maintain clinical practice privileges.
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Prior military and/or SOF experience.
• Experience working in a Government setting such a DOD or Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) MTF.
• Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies and procedures.
• Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
• Responsible for completing all required training.
• Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR / Equal Opportunity Employer
Secret, CLZSS, SKSOF, — SKUUU, Clovis, New Mexico Clovis, New Mexico ZC ZCCX