Clovis, New Mexico
job requisition id
Special Operations Nurse Case Manager (27 SOW/Cannon AFB, NM)
We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
We are seeking a stellar Special Operations Nurse Case Manager that will provide a full range of professional health nursing principles, practices, and procedures in clinical settings in order to analyze the full scope of problems associated with providing appropriate, cost effective care to Department of Defense (DOD) beneficiaries. At KBR we maintain a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts – Could this be you?
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Collect, organize, record, and communicate data relevant to primary health assessments including a detailed medical history in order to develop time sensitive treatment plans which delineate the expected process of care delivery for selected case managed patients or populations.
• Assess patient via the telephone, using established protocols, in order to provide appropriate and cost effective care.
• Establish priorities for patient care monitor and evaluate progress toward the stated goals in order to provide coordinated, efficient, effective health care to its beneficiaries.
• Oversee discharge-planning activities in order to ensure ideal timing and sequencing of patient care.
• Provide professional assistance to health care finders in order to identify patient’s needs for referrals to appropriate health care providers or facilities.
• Negotiate, write, finalize, and administer product/service agreements to insure mutual compliance in meeting care goals.
• Knowledge and skill in using pre-established utilization review criteria recognize and report actual or potential quality and risk management issues in order to improve practice, and ensure compliance.
• Knowledge and skills in the use of VA/DOD Clinical Practice Guidelines in order to ensure an evidence based standardized process of care to military beneficiaries.
•Knowledge of the healthcare financial environment and the fiscal dimension of population health in order to ensure optimal stewardship of resources.
• Skill in use of research tools in order to critically evaluate existing practices, opportunities, and outcomes.
• Skill in management of information systems and technology in order to manage individual or population health, continuously improve practice, and effectively communicate practice outcomes to involved stakeholders.
• Knowledge of computers and software applications in order to conduct data collection, tracking, rending, and analysis.
• Ability to design and present computer-generated outcome analysis information in order to provide timely, effective peer and higher level educational programs or project briefings.
• Knowledge of pharmaceuticals, their desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use in order to gauge their effect on patients and their recovery.
Current RN license with a minimum of two years nursing experience and must be certified as a case manager by a recognized certifying organization, i.e. Commission for Case Management Certification or American Nurse Credentialing Center.
Demonstrated knowledge of patient education principles and management of complex medical, psychosocial, and financial problems in order to enhance patient adherence to individualized treatment plans and train peers and staff.
Ability to seek feedback from peers, professional colleagues, clients, and outcomes research, in order to expand clinical knowledge, enhance role performance, and increase knowledge of professional issues.
Skills to effectively consult with health care providers at all levels and negotiate with outside providers for services and products in order to obtain client services and support.
May be required to receive and maintain clinical practice privileges.
Maintain credentialing requirements in good standing at a local MTF.
Fluent oral and written communication skills in English in order to meaningfully interact with peers, outside agencies, vendors, providers, and Military Health System (MHS) stakeholders to exchange information, provide briefings, presentations, research, and metrics to demonstrate or advance effective, efficient case management practice, outcomes, and organizational/MHS value.
Skill in team coordination, facilitation, and communication in order to facilitate the exchange of information/ education, enhance goal achievement; augment abilities of client support network, and effect change in system or policy at any level.
Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations, professional code of ethics, and practice standards in order to ensure adherence within legal and professional parameters.
Position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
This position requires a Secret Clearance, or the ability to obtain one.
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include 401K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.?
Inclusion and Diversity at KBR?
At KBR, we are passionate about our people, sustainability, and our Zero Harm culture. These inform all that we do and are at the heart of our commitment to, and ongoing journey toward being a more inclusive and diverse company. That commitment is central to our team of team’s philosophy and fosters an environment of real collaboration across cultures and locations. Our individual differences and perspectives bring enhanced value to our teams and help us develop solutions for the most challenging problems. We understand that by embracing those differences and working together, we are more innovative, more resilient, and safer. We Deliver – Together. ?
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR / Equal Opportunity Employer
Secret, CLZSS, SKSOF, — SKUUU, Clovis, New Mexico Clovis, New Mexico ZC ZCCX