Washington District Of Columbia
The CBRN Instructional System Designer (ISD) provides instructional services to meet the Coast Guard’s unique needs in support of collecting data, preparing documents, selecting delivery methods, integrating learning technology, preparing tests and practical application exercises, developing initial class versions, and develop final training products. The instructor will provide expert skills and knowledge to deliver instruction to USCG students, focusing on ensuring students achieve the necessary skills mandated by the course curricula and course objectives. Instructors are required to evaluate students’ performance by verifying the students understanding of the course material, competency of learned skills, and the student’s ability to demonstrate applied knowledge.
- The instructor will provide expert skills and knowledge to deliver instruction to USCG students, focusing on ensuring students achieve the necessary skills mandated by the course curricula and course objectives.
- Instructors are required to evaluate students’ performance by verifying the students understanding of the course material, competency of learned skills, and the student’s ability to demonstrate applied knowledge.
- Collect task performance details of step level data to derive specific skills and knowledge requirements to form the basis of content in a course.
- Prepare design documents in accordance with USCG SOPs and other requirements specified in the task order under this contract.
- Prepare storyboards for content development in accordance with USCG SOPs and other requirements in the task order under this contract.
- Select appropriate delivery methods, and delivery media to support development of human performance and testing of competences.
- Integrate current USCG learning technologies to promote effective teaching strategies and to improve learning experiences.
- Prepare and structure tests and practical application exercises so these are reliable indicators that a learner has learned to perform the tasks identified in the objectives.
- Develop initial versions of online courses to include screen presentations, interactive components, and assessments.
- Perform formative and summative evaluations, including pilot studies.
- Revise versions in accordance with feedback from reviews and data obtained in pilot testing.
- Develop plans for piloting training experiences developed under task orders.
- Develop reports of pilot studies usable in finalizing the training products.
- Participate in reviews.
- Ensure work and processes conform to USCG TRASYS SOPs, standards, and other requirements stipulated in task orders under this contract.
- Must possess either a master’s degree in Instructional Systems, Instructional Systems Technology, Instructional & Performance Technology, or Education (with a concentration in Educational Technology). Five years documented experience in a related field may be substituted for the educational requirement.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a military, law enforcement, of government public health CBRN-D Subject Matter Expert OR have 5 years’ experience in an equivalent Military Occupational Specialty (MOS), OR equivalent experience in the private sector with a B.S. and 7 years of documented experience either instructing or developing instruction for CBRN-D training.
- Must possess a minimum of two years’ experience using the Instructional Systems Development (ISD) process in the development of courses and training interventions.
- Must be proficient in using the following software applications: Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- No Security Clearance required; e-QIP background check/fingerprints required.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Classroom conditions will be comparable to a typical office setting with work hours of 0700-1900 based on the training schedule, with a typical 8-hour workday. Field/Range conditions requires wearing PPE, working outside in weather during all four seasons, with prolonged periods of standing and moving while delivering training.
Must pass a standard physical examination that includes, medical history, height, weight, blood pressure, and meet required fitness standards throughout employment under the contract. Must pass pre-employment drug testing and remain drug free for the duration of the contract. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. of equipment or stock inventory and stand for period of up to 8 hours per day.
Constellis / Equal Opportunity Employer
ACD-6869 5000900928906 JBCST
No security clearance required., CLZUS, SKWMD, SKINT, — SKUUU, Washington, District Of Columbia District Of Columbia_xxx ZC20191