CWMD Junior Analyst
Fort Belvoir, Virginia, United States
Duties & Responsibilities
Work at the Defense Threat Reduction Agency as Analyst supporting the Plans and Exercise Division. Provide analytical, technical, and administrative support for day-to-day activities to include operational expertise, organizational policy and planning development and project/program support, and technical support specific to each of the CCMD’s respective regions, to include information, advice, alternative analysis, evaluations and recommendations.
Provide support including, but not limited to: – Provide CWMD, counter improvised threats, and counter threat network planning support including, but not limited to, development and review CCMD and other Joint Force Commander campaign and operation concept plans and strategies.
– Develop Agency support plans, contingency plans, and continuity plans.
– Assist in the drafting, updating, and monitoring the implementation of applicable NDS related DTRA plans/strategies, and coordination of the plans across DTRA, the supported Command and the other stakeholders.
– Provide research on topics related to countering and deterring WMD, improvised threats, and threat network for use in planning products.
– Provide expertise on the Adaptive Planning and Execution System to ensure planning products and processes comply with approved procedures.
– Conduct detailed analysis of strategic directives, such as the CJCS Joint Strategic Capabilities Plan, to identify specific DTRA responsibilities and tasks to counter and deter WMD, improvised threats, and threat networks.
– Provide administrative support during government-hosted meetings, conferences, symposiums, and exercises.
– Support the development and coordination of associated administrative documentation, coordination, and delivery of read-ahead packages and briefings.
– Provide analytical and technical support for day-to-day activities, including routine reporting requirements and updating administrative rosters and records.
– Provide support to taskings and task management.
– Support contingency response and exercise execution as needed.
Experience: Ability to support strategic planning efforts and conduct analysis of CWMD-related strategies, policies, doctrine, plans, capability gaps, and emerging trends to support efforts described above. Strong Communication skills a must.
Education: 2+ years’ experience, BS/BA required. Masters preferred. Education requirements may be decreased/waived if the individual has an extensive military background or uniquely applicable experience or highly specialized knowledge.
Must possess security clearance: TS/SCI
Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Security Clearance Required: Yes
Amentum / Equal Opportunity Employer / JBAMN R0100437
Top Secret SSBI SCI, CLZTS, SKWMD, SKINT, JBAMN SKUUU, VA_FORT BELVOIR VA_VIRGINIA ZC22060 ZC220Z