Toponymist (Farsi) -Journeyman
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Springfield, Virginia, United States
Amentum is seeking a Toponymist (Farsi) candidate to support a our customer. The toponymist shall analyze and conflate information associated with feature data listed in the Geographic Names Database (GNDB) while working closely with Intelligence Community (IC) geographic names experts. Selected candidate will use agency guidance and policies to respond to questions concerning the proper and correct usage of names, various Romanization systems, and the treatment of descriptive information on standard products. These services will use the Geographic Names Processing Systems (GNPS) , charts, imagery and geospatial tools to refine names information for use in all types of products and to respond to use question via the Ad Hoc Query process. In addition, the candidate will prepare files and maps for work, accurately entering data to maintain and update the GNDB, including batching the completed work into the GNDB. The accuracy and reliability of the selected candidate’s work is essential to the missions of these users.
• Selected candidate will scan and geo-reference hardcopy maps, research, and order geospatial data sources and commercial imagery to use as reference sources
• Georeferenced maps and imagery must be conflated with the GNDB Selected candidate will interpret and apply national and international policies governing the treatment of and general guidelines emanating from the US Board on Geographic Names (US BGN) , the Department of State (DoS) , the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) , and other related organizations
Basic knowledge of geography, cartography/map reading skills, and understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) .
Basic knowledge of research gathering and library functions (query, ordering, etc. ) .
Minimum proficiency of Level 2 for Reading as defined by the Interagency Language Roundtable (ILR) Proficiency Levels or the equivalent that meets or exceeds the ILR skill Level 2. Testing must have taken place within two years prior to the issuance of a Task Order.
A bachelor’s degree in a field related to the support services may count for up to four years of this experience.
3-10 years if of experience
Must possess TS/SCI and willingness to take CI Poly when requested.
Special Requirement: Toponymist must maintain a two year currency at Level 2 or higher, verified by test results submitted to the Government.
• Specific experience processing geographic names following agency policies and procedures is highly desired
• Ideal candidate must be a self-starter and capable of working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
• Candidate must be able to multitask and deliver quality products within specified timelines
• Candidate should work well as part of a team effort
Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Security Clearance Required: yes
Amentum / Equal Opportunity Employer
JBAMN R0091244 2023. 05. 06
Top Secret with CI Poly, CLZTS, CLZCI, SKLNG, — SKUUU, St. Louis, Missouri, US St. Louis, Missouri, US ZC ZCCX