Fort Gordon, GA
NSA/CSS Hawaii Kunia, HI
Fort George G. Meade Complex, MD
San Antonio, TX
Pay Plan: GG, Grade: 04/1 to 09/10
Open: 2023-09-01, Close: 2023-10-15
How would you like to spend your summer developing technological solutions that contribute to the security of our nation? Does the prospect of applying your skills to the NSA/CSS mission spark your interest? If so, then join a team of highly skilled, motivated and passionate professionals who lead the cryptologic enterprise and who are ready and prepared for the changes in our environment.
NSA is offering internship opportunities at some of our amazing field locations! Take charge of your professional development and experience an once-in-a-lifetime internship opportunity. Internships are 12-week’s long and offered in multiple mission areas requiring a range of competencies. As a participant in the program, you will gain hands-on work experience while building knowledge and skills in fundamental aspect of the NSA mission.
Please apply through this vacancy if you are interested in any of the following internships:
– Hawaii CAE Cyber Operations Summer Internship Program
– NSA Colorado Summer Intern Program
– NSA Georgia Summer Intern Program
– NSA Hawaii Technical Intern Program
– NSA Texas Summer Intern Program
***PLEASE NOTE: You can find descriptions for each program listed above at the following link: https://www.intelligencecareers.gov/NSA/nsastudents.html
Join students from across the country and lend your knowledge to national security in one of NSA’s over 30 summer internship programs. These 12 week paid programs run from mid-May to mid-August and are open to undergraduate freshman up to Ph.D. students depending on internship requirements. These internships are open to a wide variety of majors and give students the opportunity to work directly with mission-critical problems and experience the excitement of working directly in NSA spaces.
To be accepted into the NSA Summer Internship – Field Site, candidates must:
– Be a U.S. citizen;
– Be eligible to be granted a TS/SCI/TK security clearance after successfully completing a background investigation that includes passing a Full-Scope Polygraph and a Psychological Evaluation;
– Preferred cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for all college work completed;
– Be a currently enrolled college student (undergraduate, graduate or doctorate program) at time of application;
– Be available and in the U.S. for operational and technical interviews and other applicable processing, both in-person and via telephone/internet, between the months of November 2023 and March 2024;
– ALL majors are encouraged to apply!
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
– Students are paid a competitive salary commensurate with their education level.
– Receive annual leave, sick leave and paid federal holidays.
– Participation in agency-wide extracurricular programs.
– Students who attend school in excess of 75 miles from their duty location are eligible for a round trip airfare ticket to and from school or mileage reimbursement up to the cost of a government-issued airline ticket. Travel reimbursement will not be provided to our location in Hawaii.
– Daily transportation to and from work is NOT provided. Students participating in the program are highly encouraged to bring a vehicle. Carpooling with other students MAY be available, but is NOT guaranteed.
– Subsidized housing accommodations are NOT available for Summer Interns stationed at one of our field locations.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click the “Apply” button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the `Submit button, you will receive a confirmation email. Please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept emails from no*****@in*****************.gov.
***PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for our Summer Internships, your application package is not considered complete until the following items have been emailed to Su***********@uw*.gov in addition to your online application.
– Official transcript (unofficial will be accepted if legible)
– At least two (2) letters of recommendation from faculty members or supervisors who can speak directly to your educational background
– PDF copy of your current resume
– Cover Letter (Optional) listing your interest in NSAs Summer Internships
***IMPORTANT: This is a skills-based ad, not an ad for a specific internship. This means that you could be contacted and/or considered for more than one specific internship.
***PLEASE NOTE: Applications are accepted 1 September – 15 October, however, selections for this program are made on a rolling basis and applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as practical to allow sufficient time for review and security clearance processing.
CONTACT INFORMATION: If you have any questions about NSA Summer Internships, please contact us at Su***********@uw*.gov or call us at 410-854-4726.
Please note that you may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the screening process of your application and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to elaborate on experiences in your resume. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet the qualifications for the position will be contacted to begin employment processing.
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. Please visit our Diversity link for more information.
The NSA is committed to cultural diversity in its workplace.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans’ Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans’ preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
JBNSA / An Equal Opportunity Employer / N1215200