Click Here: Apply / Learn More
10Fort George G. Meade Complex, MD
Pay Plan: GG, Grade: 09/1 to 09/10
Open: 2023-04-15, Close: 2023-06-10
Do you want to help chart the course for NSA’s innovation and help prevent future cyber-attacks against the United States? If so, NSA is the place for you!
Network Installation/Maintenance Specialiests perform a broad spectrum of duties and may:
– install, configure, modify, troubleshoot, repair and/or replace computer hardware, peripherals and other equipment
– configure, manage, and sustain network infrastructure
– identify the types and functions of computer and telecommunications network elements, document intercommunications, and map physical and logical target networks by graphing communications
– implement, configure, and sustain computer/network security solutions (e.g., encryption, firewalls, anti-virus rule sets and intrusion detection/prevention systems)
– apply concepts, principles, theories, and methods for designing and developing telecommunications and computer networks
– apply concepts, principles, theories, and methods for evaluating and testing telecommunications and computer networks
– apply concepts, principles, theories, and methods for securing telecommunications and computer networks
– plan, coordinate, and administer the installation, testing, operating, troubleshooting, and maintenance of hardware and software systems
In this position, a person would test, troubleshoot, repair, maintain, configure, and improve network and telecommunications equipment. Perform all life cycle support: hardware, software, firmware, and configuration upgrades or modifications to currently installed network equipment – including troubleshooting and repairing/replacing failed network devices.
The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position.
Entry is with a high school diploma or GED plus 4 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience.
Degree must be in Networking, Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
Relevant experience must be in one or more of the following: installation or maintenance of network or telecommunications equipment, manufacuturing of fiberoptic or copper cabling, or using specialized test equipment and network analysis tools (e.g., network management software, data analyzers, BERTS, and OTDR).
The optimal candidate is someone who would be confident in the following skills:
– knowledge in electronic theory, circuits, components, and material properties (excluding computers).
– knowledge in concepts, principles, theories, and methods for the design, analysis, testing, fabrication, or verification of analog or digital electronic systems.
– competency in Signal Theory – principles, methods, and applications of signal theory.
– competency in Information Technology Standards – information technology standards, such as testing standards, digital data formats and protocols, and government and commercial documentation standards.
– skilled in Network & Telecom. Infrastructure Design – the architecture/typology of hardware/networks. Includes LANS/WANS/telecom. systems, their components & associated protocols & standards, & how they integrate with one another.
– telecommunications – concepts, principles, and theories of transmissions, broadcasting, switching, control, construction, or operation of telecommunications systems.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary offers are based on candidates’ education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position. This position is hiring for Maryland.
Salary range: $64,957 – $84,441 (Full Performance)
On-the job training, internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, with basic 8 hr/day work requirements between 0600 to 1800 (flexible). Some positions may require shift work or being on call.
How to apply
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
Due to time sensitive communications regarding your application, please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept email from email@example.com. Please review the job posting thoroughly to ensure you meet the described qualifications and are aware of all associated requirements. To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply’ button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the ‘Submit’ button, you will receive a confirmation email. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as job postings could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants, or the position is no longer available. You may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the application screening process and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to showcase within your resume those experiences relevant to this position. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet all position qualifications, may be contacted to begin employment processing. Please remain diligent in monitoring email and your SPAM folder. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. Please visit our Diversity link for more information.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans’ Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans’ preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
Click Here: Apply / Learn More
JBNSA / An Equal Opportunity Employer / N1205925